Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sentience and Love
Sentience and Love

If Duck spends time as a girl but is truly a duck does that mean her relationship with a human equals beastiality? Or does it not count since she is just as sentient as a bird? And does it only count as beastiality if she were non-sentient; or simply count by being another species?
RE: Question
(March 23, 2014 at 5:07 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: If Duck spends time as a girl but is truly a duck does that make mean her relationship with a human equals beastiality? Or does it not count since she is just as sentient as a bird? And does it only count as beastiality if she were non-sentient; or simply count by being another species?
Did not watch the video but going to respond anyway.

Since she is not in the physical form of a duck, it does not count as bestiality, and I don't even think that a "relationship" in itself even can be called bestiality, only the sexual act of fucking an animal. Her sentience is not actually relevant, except morally. It might be morally wrong to fuck someone with the sentience of a duck if it is also morally wrong to fuck a duck because it cannot consent.

However, this gets really kind of morally confusing because a duck can consent to sex with another duck, in a sense, I guess. I mean, it can indicate it is willing to have sex, right? Is that the same thing as "consent" as we humans understand it? I don't know. If it IS however, the same thing as when humans consent to sex, then maybe it is possible that this being who has the sentience of a duck and the body of a human can also, in the way that a duck consents to sex with another duck, consent to sex with a human.

If this ever were ever in the position potentially fuck a being with the sentience of a duck and the body of a human and for some reason I wanted to do it, I would still choose not to do it because it would seem morally wrong to me, as if I were taking advantage of someone with autism or down's syndrome.
No she has the sentience of a human but is and has always been a duck. She just happened to get turned into a girl on occasion.

And she doesn't actually have sex with anyone, but she does fall in love with two different men.

(March 23, 2014 at 5:41 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: No she has the sentience of a human but is and has always been a duck. She just happened to get turned into a girl on occasion.

And she doesn't actually have sex with anyone, but she does fall in love with two different men.
Oh, then I still think it is not bestiality and I no longer see any moral dilemma whatsoever.
Worst thread titles ever, and philosophy section probably not the right place for them.

Try thread titles that actually say something about what you are talking about. Tongue
(March 23, 2014 at 6:19 pm)bennyboy Wrote: Worst thread titles ever, and philosophy section probably not the right place for them.

Try thread titles that actually say something about what you are talking about. Tongue
Sorry it's what happens when I fixate on a question.
RE: Sentience and Love
If it looks like a girl and quacks like a girl. . . you have plausible deniability. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on Courtly love (aka platonic love) Macoleco 16 1223 September 11, 2022 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Will AI ever = conciousness or sentience? Whateverist 77 26573 December 4, 2012 at 12:50 am
Last Post: genkaus
  Sentience Captain Scarlet 17 5142 December 29, 2010 at 7:51 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet