Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hugh Laurie songs.
Hugh Laurie songs.
I'm going to post some of Hugh Laurie's comical songs up here. In off-topic.
Ill start with 'The Sophisticated Song'.
[youtube]TBQAuw4NYLA[/youtube]
Hope you find it enjoyable whoever's watching and listening.
RE: Hugh Laurie songs.
'The Protest Song':
[youtube]_SjBdVYG9ms[/youtube]
From wikipedia: "Hugh Laurie did not write the closing theme. It is, in fact, "Mardi Gras in New Orleans" by Professor Longhair."
Original version of 'Mystery':
[youtube]__DrJI7mTHQ[/youtube]
And his performance of 'Mystery' on ITAS many years later:
[youtube]e0SXH5Y9PEc[/youtube]
I was virtually unaware of Hugh Laurie until House came out. Now it is my favorite American TV show ... but he looked familiar and then while watching an old Young Ones box set (Every Disgusting Episode) I saw him and thought "Oh, yeah."

My fast computer got fried in an electrical storm and this one is slow as hell, so when I finally get 'round to sorting that all out I want to check those vidios out.

Thanks.
(October 31, 2008 at 11:18 pm)Daystar Wrote: I was virtually unaware of Hugh Laurie until House came out. Now it is my favorite American TV show ... but he looked familiar and then while watching an old Young Ones box set (Every Disgusting Episode) I saw him and thought "Oh, yeah."

My fast computer got fried in an electrical storm and this one is slow as hell, so when I finally get 'round to sorting that all out I want to check those vidios out.

Thanks.
Ok, sure. And when you return I'd also like you to answer (if you wish) which episode of 'The Young Ones' did you see Hugh Laurie in? I have every young ones episode plus extas aswell, but I can't remember Hugh Laurie featuring in any of them at the moment.
P.S: House totally rocks, its my favourite non-comedy TV show ever, not just my favourite drama. Although there are also funny bits of course Tongue
I originally knew Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry from 'Blackadder' and then from 'A bit of Fry and Laurie' and then the rest followed Smile
(October 31, 2008 at 11:55 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote:
(October 31, 2008 at 11:18 pm)Daystar Wrote: I was virtually unaware of Hugh Laurie until House came out. Now it is my favorite American TV show ... but he looked familiar and then while watching an old Young Ones box set (Every Disgusting Episode) I saw him and thought "Oh, yeah."

Thanks.
Ok, sure. And when you return I'd also like you to answer (if you wish) which episode of 'The Young Ones' did you see Hugh Laurie in? I have every young ones episode plus extas aswell, but I can't remember Hugh Laurie featuring in any of them at the moment.
P.S: House totally rocks, its my favourite non-comedy TV show ever, not just my favourite drama. Although there are also funny bits of course Tongue
I originally knew Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry from 'Blackadder' and then from 'A bit of Fry and Laurie' and then the rest followed Smile

I had to check my Young Ones Box set (Every Stoopid Episode rather than Disgusting as I mistakenly said earlier) Hugh was Lord Snot In Bambi. Fry played Lord Monty in the same episode. Saunders and French were in Time, Interesting and Nasty. (Saunders was Sue in Interesting and Helen Mucus in Time, French was woman in commercial in Nasty and Easter Bunny in Time)

As an American who loves British comedy I would have to say that Saunders is second only to Cleese as funniest person ever.
(November 1, 2008 at 12:12 am)Daystar Wrote:
(October 31, 2008 at 11:55 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote:

Thanks.

I had to check my Young Ones Box set (Every Stoopid Episode rather than Disgusting as I mistakenly said earlier) Hugh was Lord Snot In Bambi. Fry played Lord Monty in the same episode. Saunders and French were in Time, Interesting and Nasty. (Saunders was Sue in Interesting and Helen Mucus in Time, French was woman in commercial in Nasty and Easter Bunny in Time)

As an American who loves British comedy I would have to say that Saunders is second only to Cleese as funniest person ever.
Ah yes of course, how could I forget, I've seen this episode several times and remember distinctly now, I just forgot about the episode temporarily because I haven't watched 'The Young Ones' for a while because there's only 12 episodes which I have seen many times, so I like to leave it a while before re-watching so its funnier again.
'What I Mind':
[youtube]Jkog_ZLFxdI[/youtube]
'Too Long Johnny':
[youtube]6AvMUR_XMlg[/youtube]
Here in the Netherlands we still get re-runs of "A bit of Fry and Laurie", brilliant stuff.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xl6b7_p...nd-fry_fun
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Hugh Laurie at his best..

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzgxODM0OTI=.html
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Songs of gog magog WinterHold 37 2329 September 10, 2023 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Sections of songs that make you freeze in joy: PART II WinterHold 6 742 May 9, 2021 at 10:25 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Sections of songs that make you freeze in joy WinterHold 140 17586 April 6, 2021 at 8:31 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Japanese beauty: Meiko Kaji songs WinterHold 4 509 May 26, 2020 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Succubus#2
  Post the songs you hate here. Yes, right here! brewer 265 24597 September 20, 2016 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Hands down, one of my favorite songs. Heat 26 6607 January 6, 2016 at 12:40 am
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  One of my favorite Genesis songs orogenicman 2 1401 July 7, 2015 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: orogenicman
  Songs for your mood Creed of Heresy 28 3475 January 24, 2015 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Life story songs BrokenQuill92 4 1516 December 2, 2014 at 9:49 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Favorite Love Songs thesummerqueen 73 13596 February 23, 2014 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: EgoRaptor