Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi chaps.
Hi chaps.
Hi fellow Atheists & current 'believers'.

New to the forum, thought I'd introduce myself.

From NW England, I was brought up catholic as a child, in a Protestant family. Obviously religion wasn't taken too seriously, as I was baptised to make it easier for my family to get me into a good school - both primary & secondary. Strangely enough, when I realised I could ask questions (12/13 years old - I'm 27 now), this was the first embarkment I embraced into reason, reality & truth; by questioning why my parents jumped through hoops just to start off my education in the first place.

Many moons later, self-educating myself on truths, Science, Nature & life in general I've ended up here to hopefully discuss/read/express logic & reason in all forms Smile

Apologies for the slight wall of text. Hope all is well.
RE: Hi chaps.
Welcome Big Grin
Welcome aboard!
Hello, fellow Englander!

I'm sure most Brits are only ever baptised to get into a school, and I bet you had to go to church in year 5/6 to get a Church Letter for secondary school then never went again, right? :-P
Hey. Lots of Brits on the forum (including me), good to have you here.

Would you say you agree or disagree with faith schools?
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
You have to be baptized to get into good schools? That sucks :/

Anyway, howdy! Welcome aboard.
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a goddess, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
Welcome
Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.
(April 3, 2014 at 10:49 am)ThePinsir Wrote: You have to be baptized to get into good schools? That sucks :/

Only the good ones.

jk
Is this an introduction for the "chapettes" too?

Tongue

Welcome.

Cool Shades
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello chaps Onion 22 3019 June 5, 2014 at 5:31 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  How do you do chaps! moodydaniel 10 3536 February 12, 2009 at 11:07 am
Last Post: moodydaniel