Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Within you is enfolded the entire universe.
Within you is enfolded the entire universe.
"Your remedy is within you, but you do not sense it. Your sickness is from you, but you do not perceive it. You presume you are a small entity, but within you is enfolded the entire Universe. You are indeed the Evident Book, by whose alphabet the Hidden becomes Manifest. Therefore you have no need to look beyond yourself. What you seek is within you, if only you reflect " Imam Ali
RE: Within you is enfolded the entire universe.
(April 13, 2014 at 7:45 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: "Your remedy is within you, but you do not sense it. Your sickness is from you, but you do not perceive it. You presume you are a small entity, but within you is enfolded the entire Universe. You are indeed the Evident Book, by whose alphabet the Hidden becomes Manifest. Therefore you have no need to look beyond yourself. What you seek is within you, if only you reflect " Imam Ali

Will be very useful to people with ALS.
(April 13, 2014 at 7:45 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: "Your remedy is within you, but you do not sense it. Your sickness is from you, but you do not perceive it. You presume you are a small entity, but within you is enfolded the entire Universe. You are indeed the Evident Book, by whose alphabet the Hidden becomes Manifest. Therefore you have no need to look beyond yourself. What you seek is within you, if only you reflect " Imam Ali

Quote:Your remedy is within you, but you do not sense it. Your sickness is from you, but you do not perceive it.

Nope! its usually the doctor who prescribes it. Occasionally the girlfriend with her magic hands and lips.

As for the sickness, I'm 100% sure that I'm aware of when I'm sick.

Quote:You presume you are a small entity, but within you is enfolded the entire Universe.

Please elaborate!

Quote:You are indeed the Evident Book, by whose alphabet the Hidden becomes Manifest. Therefore you have no need to look beyond yourself. What you seek is within you, if only you reflect

Said Plato, this is one of the fundamental principles of stoicism. But, if it was true than we wouldn't need experimentation and research which has proved itself an essential remedy to the pitfalls of intuition.

I know I'm leading on with tomfoolery, however that's what you get for leaving the thread open to free interpretation.
PM me if you know where this is from "...knees in the breeze" and don't look it up!!
Quote:As for the sickness, I'm 100% sure that I'm aware of when I'm sick.
The disease can quietly develop and when symptoms show it's already too late.
(April 13, 2014 at 8:11 pm)tor Wrote:
Quote:As for the sickness, I'm 100% sure that I'm aware of when I'm sick.
The disease can quietly develop and when symptoms show it's already too late.

Correct and certainly true, HOWEVER

His quote says "your sickness is from you, but you do not perceive it"

Meaning: your suffering is due to your own actions but you don't know it.
This implies that you're already aware of your "sickness" just not what's causing it.
PM me if you know where this is from "...knees in the breeze" and don't look it up!!
(April 13, 2014 at 8:31 pm)Senshi Wrote:
(April 13, 2014 at 8:11 pm)tor Wrote: The disease can quietly develop and when symptoms show it's already too late.

Correct and certainly true, HOWEVER

His quote says "your sickness is from you, but you do not perceive it"

Meaning: your suffering is due to your own actions but you don't know it.
This implies that you're already aware of your "sickness" just not what's causing it.

Yeah Mystical really fucked up here. I don't think people with ALS want to have it.

Word salad. [Image: coffeedrinker.gif]
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
“Oh it was gorgeousness and gorgeosity made flesh. The trombones crunched redgold under my bed, and behind my gulliver the trumpets three-wise silverflamed, and there by the door the timps rolling through my guts and out again crunched like candy thunder. Oh, it was wonder of wonders. And then, a bird of like rarest spun heavenmetal, or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now, came the violin solo above all the other strings, and those strings were like a cage of silk round my bed. Then flute and oboe bored, like worms of like platinum, into the thick thick toffee gold and silver. I was in such bliss, my brothers.”
― Anthony Burgess, A Clockwork Orange

I like it. It reminds us that we can find god the moment we turn inwards. God is in the mirror. Pray to him. He's the only one interested in them.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
This explains what he meant when a Muslim guy said to me "Within you is enfolded the entire universe - want to see my spaceship?"

Confused Fall
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Origins of the Universe king krish 62 4635 March 23, 2022 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  [Quranic Reflection]: God is the light of the universe. WinterHold 35 5964 September 12, 2021 at 11:52 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Quranic Reflection]: The universe is expanding WinterHold 159 13807 August 13, 2020 at 10:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  [Quranic Reflection]: Hell and the ultimate fate of the universe WinterHold 18 1845 January 31, 2020 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Some facts about our universe ReptilianPeon 30 4135 April 6, 2016 at 7:32 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Light within me Mystic 10 2600 March 18, 2013 at 10:29 am
Last Post: Angrboda