Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MKR and the rigged results
MKR and the rigged results
I have a renewed distaste for reality television. I never got into MKR - but I have a number of friends who have. Although Manu has denied it there is no genuine competition, it is a manufactured process that is designed to produce the results that the producer wants, it's a completely fixed operation. The way that it was explained to me I'd say the producer's would get the result they want at least 90% of the time, and for 10% of the time the contestants may be able beat the process and produce a different result, the idea is to create the illusion of competition to the contestants and especially to the audience. The contestants should be able to work out they're being duped and I'm actually surprised that previous contestants haven't tried to sue Seven yet.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
RE: MKR and the rigged results
MKR? ,,,
(April 17, 2014 at 11:17 am)Minimalist Wrote: MKR? ,,,

My Kitchen Rules, Min

It is an Australian reality Television program, a lot like Masterchef (which we have an Australian version). Anyway the rigging of this television show does not surprise me one bit, to be honest. In regard to the contestants of show, well human stupidity is the only infinite thing so far observed in the universe.
undefined
It's like watching wrestling. Yes it's fake, but if you just watch without thinking too much then you can enjoy it anyway.

Like in Swamp People. These hunters go out in a boat to trap and kill alligators. When they come up on a line, they never grab the gun until they're already wrestling with the alligator, and they usually get the alligator all riled up even though they've shown at least once that you can lure it to the surface without making it go into a death roll. It just wouldn't make for as exciting TV if they already had the gun ready when they got to the line, gently pulled the gator up, and shot it then.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Reality TV.

Oh, the irony.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
(April 17, 2014 at 1:11 pm)Chas Wrote: Reality TV.

Oh, the irony.

What kind of reality are they living? Certainly not the average person's reality.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
My wife used to watch survivor.

I told her "let me know when they come up with a show wherein they put 16 assholes on an island and the last one living is the winner. That would be worth watching."
(April 17, 2014 at 11:24 am)Chad32 Wrote: It's like watching wrestling. Yes it's fake, but if you just watch without thinking too much then you can enjoy it anyway.
Yes but wrestlers know it's fake and are paid to do their role as actors, the MKR competition is fixed so that the producers decide who wins or loses, with the system they use it will always generate the result that the producer wants, so when it comes to the grand finale the winner is the person pre-determined to win by the producer and both final contestants have no power to get the result to go their way - they think they do because they're cooking the meal, but they don't.

If a competition is run you expect it to be fairly - let me give an example: Who wants to be a millionaire. Theoretically speaking the producers could give questions that the contestant can't possibly know whenever they want to force the contestant to bomb-out. That would be one way of fixing the result, if they wanted to, and it would be exploitative because you've told the contestant they're in a competition however you're actually controlling when they're going to win and when they're going to lose. Even though it's a reality show you expect it to be run fairly to the other contestants. They're not paid to lose like wrestlers.

I believe that channel 7 is breaking the law the way they produce the show, I would like to see it challenged in court. The reason is because they tell the contestants they're in a competition with a chance to win like any other game-show, however the competition is an illusion like a magic trick and the magician knows how to make the result go the way he wants. Once you know how it's actually done, as I do, this makes sense - I'm hesitant to say more at this stage as I was told the secret in confidence, however I do believe it will come out in due time. On TV you're only shown the illusion so it's not easy to work out.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheism results on death! LastPoet 18 2049 November 1, 2014 at 7:20 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Got my results Sejanus 22 4344 July 14, 2014 at 11:03 pm
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical