Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Got my results
Got my results
My results after first semester of university/college/whatever the fuck you call it in your neck of the woods:
Chem111 A+
Astr112 A
Math102 A
Phys101 A
GPA 8.25
[Image: thfrog.gif]

RE: Got my results
Well done!
Big Man on Campus!

Did they change GPA's since I've been in college? Used to be a 4.0 was perfect...
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Inflation......
Here in New Zealand the max GPA is 9

Great
(July 14, 2014 at 11:43 am)Sejanus Wrote: My results after first semester of university/college/whatever...
Astr112 A
Math102 A
Phys101 A
GPA 8.25
Had a Rorschach moment there, thought we were going to get some HIV results.

Congrats to the OP, congrats!!

Good grades, and no diseased pariah status either!!

Wink
Congrats I'm happy for you. In law school I'm still waiting for the final exam. We don't measure grades/results from A-F like the US, we measure it from 1-20, 20 being the best, 10 is the least you need to pass. In law school no professor gives students more than 16, and the average grade of the best students of all time was 14 or 15 at maximum. There is a fucking class I already failed on my first try and I'm waiting for the second exam, I usually like having high results but this one is so hard (it isn't hard but the professor fails almost everyone for insignificant reasons) I'll be really fulfilled with a mediocre 10.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(July 14, 2014 at 1:34 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Had a Rorschach moment there, thought we were going to get some HIV results.

Congrats to the OP, congrats!!

Good grades, and no diseased pariah status either!!

Wink
I should hope not. Thanks.
(July 14, 2014 at 1:56 pm)Blackout Wrote: Congrats I'm happy for you. In law school I'm still waiting for the final exam. We don't measure grades/results from A-F like the US, we measure it from 1-20, 20 being the best, 10 is the least you need to pass. In law school no professor gives students more than 16, and the average grade of the best students of all time was 14 or 15 at maximum. There is a fucking class I already failed on my first try and I'm waiting for the second exam, I usually like having high results but this one is so hard (it isn't hard but the professor fails almost everyone for insignificant reasons) I'll be really fulfilled with a mediocre 10.
That seems rather ridiculous. Why not make it out of 16 then? good "luck" to you with your exams.

(July 14, 2014 at 1:56 pm)Blackout Wrote: Congrats I'm happy for you. In law school I'm still waiting for the final exam. We don't measure grades/results from A-F like the US, we measure it from 1-20, 20 being the best, 10 is the least you need to pass. In law school no professor gives students more than 16, and the average grade of the best students of all time was 14 or 15 at maximum. There is a fucking class I already failed on my first try and I'm waiting for the second exam, I usually like having high results but this one is so hard (it isn't hard but the professor fails almost everyone for insignificant reasons) I'll be really fulfilled with a mediocre 10.

What grades A-F mean in law school varies from school to school in the U.S. In mine there could be only one A+ per class, and only the top 10 % could get A's though the number could be fewer, and only the next 15% could have B's though again it could be fewer. C was supposed to mean competent to practice in this area.

The results created a fair amount of angst for students used to getting A's as undergraduates.

(July 14, 2014 at 11:43 am)Sejanus Wrote: My results after first semester of university/college/whatever the fuck you call it in your neck of the woods:
Chem111 A+
Astr112 A
Math102 A
Phys101 A
GPA 8.25

Congratulations, that looks very fine indeed.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 7094 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  What ya got growing this summer? brewer 11 532 June 5, 2021 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What'sa matta, cat got your question? Brian37 49 2142 January 2, 2021 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Got Plates? onlinebiker 23 1447 June 3, 2020 at 6:32 am
  Got Gator? onlinebiker 23 1914 May 24, 2020 at 9:15 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Got gas? onlinebiker 52 3562 April 30, 2020 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  K-pods, whatcha got? Gawdzilla Sama 4 707 April 12, 2020 at 7:24 am
  You got to love the US brewer 32 3603 July 13, 2019 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Got Nut Juice? Yonadav 22 1305 February 28, 2019 at 11:56 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  The biggest thing I've learned as I've got older is... robvalue 80 4900 September 27, 2018 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Hobbitgirl