Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anglican (Episcopal) Disestablishment
Anglican (Episcopal) Disestablishment
Nick Clegg (Deputy Prime Minister and leader of the Liberal Party) has called for disestablishment of the Church of England.
Link
Maybe this will take less than the 20 years I predicted based on rate of decline...
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
RE: Anglican (Episcopal) Disestablishment
It was always a strangest-of-bedfellows coalition.

Big Grin
I don't like Clegg, but him taking a potshot at Dave following his silly 'England is a Christian country' is only to be applauded.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(April 27, 2014 at 2:12 pm)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: I don't like Clegg, but him taking a potshot at Dave following his silly 'England is a Christian country' is only to be applauded.

Obviously - this won't be necessary - the population that actually belong to the church will dwindle to nothing all by itself
Quote:Maybe this will take less than the 20 years I predicted based on rate of decline...

Erm, the actual numbers in the CofE don't matter. Clegg is calling for the UK to no longer have an official religion. This is a matter of law, not of the number of churchgoers.

And it won't happen in any of our lifetimes.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 18, 2014 at 5:57 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: And it won't happen in any of our lifetimes.

Maybe not yours old man but I have a chance!
(May 18, 2014 at 6:01 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(May 18, 2014 at 5:57 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: And it won't happen in any of our lifetimes.

Maybe not yours old man but I have a chance!

Well, of course there's a chance - roughly the same chance that the YECs are right.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sydney Anglican Diocese makes changes to their church marriage vows Justtristo 3 1700 August 30, 2012 at 3:19 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Police Investigate Anglican Church Joe Bloe 1 1312 May 29, 2010 at 3:51 am
Last Post: Violet
  Anglican Church to debate conversion rules moodydaniel 2 2702 February 11, 2009 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: bozo