Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians choose delusion
Christians choose delusion
Christians, why will you not realize that there is absolutely no proof that your god exists anywhere except as a concept inside your deluded minds?

Instead of nonsensically rambling about your unnatural obsession to save the non-existent souls of non-believers, why do you not do us all a favor.

One favor is all that is asked.

Prove that your god exists.

None of that mind and heart garbage which only leads to irrational belief.

If you cannot prove your god's existence, then please do us one more small favor.

Shut your damn mouths and stop pretending that you have a valid reason for faith.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Christians choose delusion
I'd actually soften the criterion, myself. Instead of proof, I'll settle for evidence. That's all; basic evidence, that substantiates the existence of whatever pet god in in question and which can only be evidence for that god and nothing else. So far, the cupboard is bare.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Counter thread to Atheists Choose Hell? Fair enough.

Unfortunately there really doesn't seem to be any more credit to christianity than the other religions. Even the virgin birth story isn't unique.

That other thread got too active for me to keep up with, honestly.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Is this a thing we're doing, now? AF.org memes....
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
It amazes me that EVERY god in EVERY religion is invisible. They all choose to be mysterious.
(April 27, 2014 at 6:35 pm)KUSA Wrote: It amazes me that EVERY god in EVERY religion is invisible. They all choose to be mysterious.

I know.

If I was the all-powerful deity/emperor of the universe I'd make sure everyone knew I existed.
Dying to live, living to die.
Invisible gods reminds me of the Emporer's new clothes.
~ Erin Hunter
(April 27, 2014 at 6:55 pm)Beccs Wrote:
(April 27, 2014 at 6:35 pm)KUSA Wrote: It amazes me that EVERY god in EVERY religion is invisible. They all choose to be mysterious.

I know.

If I was the all-powerful deity/emperor of the universe I'd make sure everyone knew I existed.

The bible says we're all imbued with the knowledge of Yahweh/Jesus. Fortunately this one is pretty easy to prove wrong.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(April 27, 2014 at 5:58 pm)Kitanetos Wrote: Prove that your god exists.

No problem

What proof do you want?

"Anything" not allowed. I need you to be precise.
(April 27, 2014 at 7:52 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: No problem

What proof do you want?

The same kind of proof that allows me to know that the chair in which I am sitting exists.
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins Czechlervitz30 22 3705 October 11, 2016 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: RobertE
  Even if you choose not to believe in god, you’re actually believing in god Blueyedlion 160 15438 June 5, 2016 at 6:07 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Watch Reza Aslan Pick and Choose Which "Facts" He Thinks Are Real Minimalist 3 1083 March 8, 2015 at 12:23 am
Last Post: dyresand
  If atheists treated Christians like many Christians treat atheists... StealthySkeptic 24 10855 August 25, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  Delusion The Reality Salesman01 7 2167 October 28, 2013 at 10:53 am
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  why does religion choose love nekographic 14 4111 February 4, 2013 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: catfish
  Hard Core Veil of Delusion Emporion 3 1693 March 2, 2011 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The God Delusion Tabby 50 18179 June 28, 2009 at 12:23 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused