Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why?!
Why?!
Apparently YouTube users have the option to restrict mobile users from seeing their videos forcing them to watch the video only on a desktop computer. I'd say 1 out of 50 videos from my experience won't let me see them on my phone.

Why?!

Why would you want to prevent mobile users from seeing your videos? Your phone is just a tiny computer.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
RE: Why?!
(May 22, 2014 at 9:59 pm)Tea Earl Grey Hot Wrote: Apparently YouTube users have the option to restrict mobile users from seeing their videos forcing them to watch the video only on a desktop computer. I'd say 1 out of 50 videos from my experience won't let me see them on my phone.

Why?!

Why would you want to prevent mobile users from seeing your videos? Your phone is just a tiny computer.

Because people are stupid.
Dying to live, living to die.
Yeah this pisses me off when I'm on my phone trying to watch videos.

I don't think users actually have that much control over it though, or at least I found an article talking about it from a quick search: http://pocketnow.com/2013/08/29/youtube-videos

Seems to make sense.
Post a link to one so I can try it on my note 3.
(May 22, 2014 at 10:24 pm)KUSA Wrote: Post a link to one so I can try it on my note 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSXt69KaS4Y
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Re: RE: Why?!
(May 22, 2014 at 10:31 pm)Tea Earl Grey Hot Wrote:
(May 22, 2014 at 10:24 pm)KUSA Wrote: Post a link to one so I can try it on my note 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSXt69KaS4Y

It won't play on the YouTube app so I went to play it on my browser Chrome. It still wouldn't play so I hit settings and tapped request desktop version and it plays fine.
[Image: hehabupa.jpg]
(May 22, 2014 at 9:59 pm)Tea Earl Grey Hot Wrote: Apparently YouTube users have the option to restrict mobile users from seeing their videos forcing them to watch the video only on a desktop computer. I'd say 1 out of 50 videos from my experience won't let me see them on my phone.

Why?!

Because go fuck yourself, that's why.
Most, if not all, the browsers on my phone have a "desktop mode" :troll:

[Image: ObBgt.jpg]
AHAHHAHAHA! TEGH, shouldn't you have posted this on humour instead? Hilarious