Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take THAT, Australia...
Take THAT, Australia...
they'll be dancing in the streets in Auckland!

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/201...141317.htm

Quote:Australia can no longer lay claim to the origins of the iconic New Zealand kiwi following new research showing the kiwi’s closest relative is not the emu as was previously thought. Instead, the diminutive kiwi is most closely related to the extinct Madagascan elephant bird -- a 2-3 meter tall, 275 kg giant. And surprisingly, the study concluded, both of these flightless birds once flew.
RE: Take THAT, Australia...
And clearly, it got it from Madagascar to Australia via the continental land bridges. NOAH'S FLOOD CONFIRMED!
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Thought I was going to see Garry Barlow riding a kangaroo when I read this title. I am disappoint.
Quote:they'll be dancing in the streets in Auckland!

Too right, but it's got bugger all to do with kiwi origins. EnZeds dance in the streets; 1) When the All Blacks win; 2) When the All Blacks fail to lose; and 3) When the day happens to end with the letter 'y'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Na, you can keep that ugly bird, we don't need it here.
(May 23, 2014 at 5:47 pm)psychoslice Wrote: Na, you can keep that ugly bird, we don't need it here.

Blasphemy! Blasphemy! You'll smoke kiwi droppings in Hell for that!!

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Sheet; I am an Aussie, and I didn't know that we had made such a claim. I can't see that any of us would give a damn anyway.

[Image: AnixWord.gif]
(May 23, 2014 at 1:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote: they'll be dancing in the streets in Auckland!

Quote:Australia can no longer lay claim to the origins of the iconic New Zealand kiwi following new research showing the kiwi’s closest relative is not the emu as was previously thought. Instead, the diminutive kiwi is most closely related to the extinct Madagascan elephant bird -- a 2-3 meter tall, 275 kg giant. And surprisingly, the study concluded, both of these flightless birds once flew.

Oh no, the shame of it all.

We'll never be able to show our faces in the UN again. Undecided
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(May 24, 2014 at 2:27 am)Zen Badger Wrote:
(May 23, 2014 at 1:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote: they'll be dancing in the streets in Auckland!

Oh no, the shame of it all.

We'll never be able to show our faces in the UN again. Undecided

This could be a good thing. Cool Shades
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How long does evoluution take. onlinebiker 22 1404 November 29, 2018 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: sdelsolray
  If Australia a Small Continent or a large Island? Rhondazvous 35 4387 November 9, 2018 at 6:04 am
Last Post: Little lunch