Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello. I am newcomer Azurisy.
Hello. I am newcomer Azurisy.

Hello the forum,

I am newcomer Azurisy. I identify myself an atheist. Refer to my user profile and read my short biography.

I have heard about atheists since the age of 16 years. Before that, I read somewhere philosophy that had intrigued me ever since. I became open-minded and started exploring endless possibilities about the nature, life, existence, meaning and truth.

The crux of this issue was the fact that much of the human world is in great strife, such as political injustices in developing countries, humanitarian crises and poverty. The secondary issues were, the individualistically unique outlooks of each friend, family member and everyone far and wide, where such disputes, conflicts and arguments come into play.

Finally, an important purpose being the atheist is to make true friends with the like-minded, and possibly, cooperate to work together towards the more interesting, vibrant, diverse, richer and humane 21st century world.

Can anyone drop by and greet me that you are too like-minded, and willing to accept my newfound opportunity to participate in the forum?

With excitement,

Azurisy
RE: Hello. I am newcomer Azurisy.
Welcome You'll love it here!

Where do you hail from?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(May 24, 2014 at 3:09 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Welcome You'll love it here!

Where do you hail from?

I enter this forum on my computer, at home, in Sydney, Australia.

Australia may be interesting, where currently we have a lot of issues, overseen by petty and notorious politicians.

I am currently setting up my website, as provided on my profile, as I pioneer some architectural design movement, in order to tackle some of the world's strangest and subtlest challenges affecting the humankind and their sense of living, ownership and belonging.

Architecture as a profession and formative discipline may appear simplistic, obvious and tangible by ubiquitous building examples worldwide. However, having been so versed in it, I am too taking the forum as a good opportunity to add my architectural viewpoint whilst discussing anything. As a philosophy, architectural design is where art and science meet and where ideas and nature meet.

To suit your curiosity on my artistic and design values, check my website, under Works > Drawings/Illustrations.

Let me know.
Hey, Azurisy.

I always consider Australia the last resort for humanity, If all the countries went to shit due to a nuclear war, we go to the far away continent/country Big Grin

Do you still have fire storms in the woods ?
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
(May 24, 2014 at 3:33 am)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: Hey, Azurisy.

I always consider Australia the last resort for humanity, If all the countries went to shit due to a nuclear war, we go to the far away continent/country Big Grin

The bushfires have already cleared, despite one of the hottest seasons to date. Casualties and losses of home had sadly escalated, not to mention the worst floods in Brisbane and northern NSW.

Australia is obviously very vast, with relatively a little small population. The estate prices are quite unaffordable and probably the highest in the world. As an architect, I investigate the legitimate, flexible, resourceful and sustainable architectural designs in order to accommodate diversifying family structures and possibly changing tenure arrangements.

I hope to rightly assume that this forum is American. As an exchange, I am pretty eager to make true friends of American atheists and explore any interesting American point at their and your sides.
(May 24, 2014 at 3:42 am)Azurisy Wrote:
(May 24, 2014 at 3:33 am)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: Hey, Azurisy.

The bushfires have already cleared, despite one of the hottest seasons to date. Casualties and losses of home had sadly escalated, not to mention the worst floods in Brisbane and northern NSW.

Australia is obviously very vast, with relatively a little small population. The estate prices are quite unaffordable and probably the highest in the world. As an architect, I investigate the legitimate, flexible, resourceful and sustainable architectural designs in order to accommodate diversifying family structures and possibly changing tenure arrangements.

I hope to rightly assume that this forum is American. As an exchange, I am pretty eager to make true friends of American atheists and explore any interesting American point at their and your sides.

How ? shouldn't low population mean low estate prices ?
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
(May 24, 2014 at 3:46 am)Marsellus Wallace Wrote:
(May 24, 2014 at 3:42 am)Azurisy Wrote: The bushfires have already cleared, despite one of the hottest seasons to date. Casualties and losses of home had sadly escalated, not to mention the worst floods in Brisbane and northern NSW.

How ? shouldn't low population mean low estate prices ?

Yes, this is a very strange fact. I have a theory. It is that, with its relatively low population, Australia is hardly progressive. Consequentially, with its lack of civilizational advances, is its lack of economic development. Its lack of economic development is probably making it too slow to foster the affordability of old, refurbish-able and brand new houses.

However, another theory is that, its lack of civilizational advances makes it too slow to harvest and utilise its natural, renewable and non-renewable resources at the pace of international goods and industrial trade.

I am too eager to hear your American viewpoint on that!
(May 24, 2014 at 3:52 am)Azurisy Wrote:
(May 24, 2014 at 3:46 am)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: How ? shouldn't low population mean low estate prices ?

Yes, this is a very strange fact. I have a theory. It is that, with its relatively low population, Australia is hardly progressive. Consequentially, with its lack of civilizational advances, is its lack of economic development. Its lack of economic development is probably making it too slow to foster the affordability of old, refurbish-able and brand new houses.

However, another theory is that, its lack of civilizational advances makes it too slow to harvest and utilise its natural, renewable and non-renewable resources at the pace of international goods and industrial trade.

I am too eager to hear your American viewpoint on that!

I'm surprised then that Australians have computers then.

I've heard that Sydney has major problems with drop bears as well
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Welcome
(May 24, 2014 at 3:58 am)Zen Badger Wrote: I've heard that Sydney has major problems with drop bears as well

Is a drop bear anything like a snipe? Is it raining Koalas in Sydney now?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newcomer Patrick33 16 1268 July 27, 2016 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Greetings From a Newcomer Vincentius 7 1153 March 28, 2016 at 11:02 am
Last Post: c172
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 6015 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3650 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates