Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ammo hoarder's speak!
Ammo hoarder's speak!
I found out that one of the guys I work with is an ammo hoarder, one of the guys that spends enormous sums buying up popular caliber ammunition. If you're not a gun owner, you probably wouldn't know, but ammunition has been difficult to buy and expensive due to extreme demand. 22 caliber ammo is especially scarce at the moment.

So according to him, it's only a matter of time until Obama or Hillary succeed in baning ammo, so they hoard it, hoping to sell it later and make a bundle.
He said it was his retirement fund. He took all of his money out of his 401k and buys ammo with it. So does his family and friends.

I was surprised that it is a retirement moneymaking scheme. I can't help but see it turn out badly for him financially, but maybe it will work.. I'm mixed.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
RE: Ammo hoarder's speak!
I'm the same. I have no fewer than 70 arrows in various spines and with various heads, stockpiled against the zombie apocalypse.
And not counting crossbow bolts.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
Quote:but ammunition has been difficult to buy and expensive due to extreme demand. 22 caliber ammo is especially scarce at the moment.

Well, naturally. Everyday some 4 year old is shooting some off!
I was hopping to discuss the other issue this brings up.

Is it wrong to store something up in order to sell it when/if it becomes illegal?

When manufacturers catch up to demand, and yet ammo is not outlawed, wont these guys lose their retirement money?

What is the effect of keeping affordable ammunition away from the general population. Won't this make fewer gun owners since few want to own a gun they can't afford to shoot?
Find the cure for Fundementia!
When his plan flops, he'll at least have a bullet to ... well, never mind.

Ah, the paranoia of the True Patriot™

It always amuses me. The only thing I've ever hoarded ammo in is Fallout 3
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Biden to speak tonight Foxaèr 6 550 November 8, 2020 at 4:27 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  At Least She Had The Balls To Speak Out! Minimalist 4 1719 January 26, 2017 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: vorlon13