Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Fux News propaganda.
More Fux News propaganda.
I was flipping through my cable channel and ended up on Fux briefly in the middle of of course, a right wing "correspondent" pitted against a GASP, an American citizen, woman and Muslim Public defender. In other words, this woman went to law school, passed her bar exam and was being paid by the state to defend the accused. And I am quite sure she'd protect a Christian as well.

So this other lady was pissed that this public defender was defending a Muslim accused of terrorism.

What the fuck is wrong with the right wing in this country? Lawyers are fine for everyone until it is someone they don't like then we all have to be vigilantes to prove our patriotism? Taliban has "courts" too and so does Saudi Arabia, so these dipfucks think the way to promote pluralism and due process is to throw it out the window because someone other than a Christian went to law school and passed a bar exam?

I am for a free press most certainly, but the scare tactics Fux is using is damaging to our common law and protection of dissent and is as Orwellian as Animal Farm.
RE: More Fux News propaganda.
If any of the believers here are confused as to why, on the one hand I attack ALL religions, but at the same time defend this person's right to be a lawyer, it is quite simple.

1. Is the issue of common law and separation of church and state. There is no religious test in America that prevents ANYONE from going to law school and passing a bar exam. You can be a Muslim and a lawyer, a Buddhist and a lawyer, an atheist and a lawyer, a Baptist and a lawyer. And so on. As long as you take the oath to defend your client regardless of your own personal beliefs, and you accept that due process of the accused prevents our society from becoming mob rule vigilantes, you know your job and have earned your law degree.

2. That is still a separate issue than your personal claims outside a courtroom. I can value your rights as a fellow citizen and your right to do any job I have, and separate you from your claims. I can like you personally without liking everything you claim.

I value the constitution which is why I defend her right to be a lawyer. That is a completely separate issue than her personal belief in Allah.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Propaganda Extravaganza Amarok 5 657 May 26, 2019 at 8:50 am
Last Post: no one
  Fake News: All the news that fits. Gawdzilla Sama 0 427 October 10, 2017 at 11:05 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Big Grin Hey more GREAT news! Aractus 15 3567 June 2, 2016 at 5:13 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  The propaganda is too real dyresand 2 985 March 31, 2016 at 12:30 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Survey says! If you use more emojis than the norm, you think about sex more *Deidre* 28 5626 January 12, 2016 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet