Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 3:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians again in a huff
Christians again in a huff
Quote:A children's book that promotes same-sex marriage is being added to public library bookshelves throughout the United States. The Princes and the Treasure, a gay fairy tale book, aims to teach children about same-sex relationships and same sex-marriage.

The author, Jeffrey Miles, told The Christian Post in an emailed statement that his children's book "tells the story of two handsome princes who go on a quest to save a princess, but fall in love with each other, get married, and live happily ever after."

Bryan Fischer, the director of issue analysis for the American Family Association, a nonprofit Christian organization that supports traditional marriage, told CP on Thursday that "because of the power fairy tales, this book is a particularly pernicious form of sexually perverse propaganda."

"The stories and the images that children store up in their minds from fairy tales have a very powerful imprinting effect on their tender young souls," Fischer said. "And the bottom line is that no responsible library should ever include a book like this on its shelves, and no responsible school should ever use this book as a part of its curriculum."

"Christian parents don't want to be concerned only about their own children, they want to keep this kind of warped literature out of the hands of other children as well," he asserted. "And if parents want this book for their children, there's nothing to stop them from going to Amazon and buying it with their own money. But taxpayer dollars should not be spent on tripe like this."

http://www.christianpost.com/news/public...ok-121878/
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Christians again in a huff
Does Bryan Fischer and the American Family Association have 'clean hands' on the topic of remarriage following divorce? Can they certify their organization has no paid or volunteer staff engaged in that particular vile abomination ? You know, the one Christ mentioned instead of anything at all about the Gays . . .

Confusedhock:
(June 21, 2014 at 10:50 am)Kitanetos Wrote:
Quote:"Christian parents don't want to be concerned only about their own children, they want to keep this kind of warped literature out of the hands of other children as well,"
IE.... "Not only do I know what's best for my children, I also know what's best for your children."

Fuck you
(June 21, 2014 at 10:50 am)Kitanetos Wrote: Bryan Fischer, the director of issue analysis for the American Family Association, a nonprofit Christian organization that supports traditional marriage, told CP on Thursday that "because of the power fairy tales, this book is a particularly pernicious form of sexually perverse propaganda."

"The stories and the images that children store up in their minds from fairy tales have a very powerful imprinting effect on their tender young souls," Fischer said. "And the bottom line is that no responsible library should ever include a book like this on its shelves, and no responsible school should ever use this book as a part of its curriculum."

"Christian parents don't want to be concerned only about their own children, they want to keep this kind of warped literature out of the hands of other children as well," he asserted. "And if parents want this book for their children, there's nothing to stop them from going to Amazon and buying it with their own money. But taxpayer dollars should not be spent on tripe like this."

That's nice, Bryan, but enough about the Bible. We're here to talk about The Princes and the Treasure.
I've never understood this desperate need the christian right seems to have to enforce their beliefs upon absolutely everyone, all the time. So, like, it's a bad thing when other people have a point of view and try to disseminate it, but when they do it it's okay? Is that the thing?

Hypocrisy is the foundation they stand upon, I guess.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
"A Gay fairy tale"......Chortle.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

So don't check it out and read it to your kids! What the flying fuck.

How many other books in the library exist that you don't read to your kids? Where is the AFA on those books?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(June 21, 2014 at 12:22 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: "A Gay fairy tale"......Chortle.
Redundant??

Angel Sorry, couldn't resist.
Quote:I've never understood this desperate need the christian right seems to have to enforce their beliefs upon absolutely everyone, all the time.

It some stupid shit they think jesus said.
They'll shield their kids from reading stories like these but they'll allow them to read Mother Goose's Nursery Rhymes and Grimm's Fairy Tales.

Sorry kids, they couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back together again and Jack did fall down and break his crown. Consoling

And if anyone's ever read the true endings to Grimm's Fairy Tales.... At least The Princes and the Treasure has a happily ever after.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FFRF is pissing off Ham and the Christians..... again. brewer 157 13246 January 24, 2019 at 1:07 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Here they go again: Christians bash on marriage Fake Messiah 39 6991 September 2, 2017 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy