Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New here
New here
Hey I am a non religious person, totally free from the mind slavery that religion inflict our brains with. I feel totally sorry and dismayed by how much believers look blind. When you tell them what proves you right they answer that it is written in here or in there. Honey, I keep replying, it's don't prove anything. It would be unfair and irrational the god of your books judge us for not accepting him, since we don't have any reason to believe in him. But they
just won't understand. The bible along with the Kuran is littered with contradiction and fallacies that prove it once for all that these books aren't from a all-knowing and all powerful god. But they think it's true, so they think us crazy for not assessing deep enough God's mysteries. Well honey, what you call mysterie I call them mistakes. It's rather a discovery about the truth of these books.

That said, God might exist, or I firmly believe He exists, but he wouldn't just bother to deliver any message to us. We are supplied with a powerful instinct which collaborate just perfect with our mental abilities to decide what's good for, no need for a extra intervention from God to show us the path. People living far away from biblical lands came to develop quite similar moral creeds to other nations though being separated and didn't share much

That's it. Thanks
RE: New here
Welcome.

Excellent name.
Dying to live, living to die.
Thanks
Hi, welcome aboard! You'll be getting a box of cookies before long - choose wisely and have the Poisons Unit on standby (just in case).

This would probably be better for another thread, rather than your intro, but could you perhaps give a brief outline of what makes you think this "God" is male?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Really I don't have any idea about God's gender, if ever he has one. But, I have the habits to refer to him by He rather than She, which sounds quite pecular as you see...
I always use "it". Never seems to do any harm. Tongue
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Welcome to the jungle! Where are you from?
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(June 23, 2014 at 5:05 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I always use "it". Never seems to do any harm. Tongue

'Him' tends to be the cultural norm when referring to the monotheistic gods. I'm all for dehumanizing imaginary tyrants but it seems a little nit picky.

Welcome LoD.
Hello. Hope you enjoy the forum.
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
(June 23, 2014 at 4:55 pm)Stimbo Wrote: This would probably be better for another thread, rather than your intro, but could you perhaps give a brief outline of what makes you think this "God" is male?

Cuz God has a penis several parsecs in length. Puts whale penis to shame.

Welcome OP!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi everybody! New here (She/It) requiredfield 22 606 April 2, 2024 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  New Here Nomistic 13 627 February 12, 2024 at 1:42 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  I'm new here Sigiere 14 1003 May 24, 2023 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New here Rdougall 9 1267 January 27, 2023 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New guy here Roykok 8 1102 November 10, 2022 at 3:51 pm