Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That awkward moment...
That awkward moment...
...when you need to introduce yourself.
Hello there, my dearest friends. My name is Iliya. Any questions, greetings, deliberate or plain sarcastic insults are welcome.
RE: That awkward moment...
Welcome? Where from? Guy? Girl? Other? Any interesting story that led you to where you are now in atheism?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Welcome to the house of hair.
That awkward moment...
I need more background to formulate an insult!
Greetings!
Hi new friend!
@c172
-Where from?
I come from Europe, and I think that is as far as I will go into detail with my current location.

-Guy? Girl? Other?
Identifying myself as a male, so... I'm a guy, I guess.

-Any interesting story that led you to where you are now in atheism?
Well, what is interesting in your opinion? From my perspective, the story is not really interesting. I might classify it as "regular" or "nothing out of the ordinary".
Welcome Iliya... this name reminds me of an Ilia... that was a girl...

[Image: ilia-in-robe.jpg]
Quote:KIRK: Why does V'Ger travel to the third planet of the solar system directly ahead?
ILIA PROBE: To find the Creator.
KIRK: To find the Creator? Whose? ...What does V'Ger want with the Creator?
ILIA PROBE: To join with him.
SPOCK: Join with the Creator? ...How?
ILIA PROBE: V'Ger and the Creator will become one.
SPOCK: And who is the Creator?
ILIA PROBE: The Creator is that which created V'Ger.
KIRK: Who is V'Ger?
ILIA PROBE: V'Ger is that which seeks the Creator.
Welcome , Baqal!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
@pocaracas
-Welcome Iliya... this name reminds me of an Ilia... that was a girl...
And I will never cease to wonder how everyone is capable of making a Star Trek reference on something that is not referring to science fiction. He-he.
Yeah, I'll agree that I thought "Iliya" was a girl's name, so I missed you "identifying [yourself] as a male".

And what's "interesting"? Well, frankly, I don't even know. I guess I just love people's backstories (to the extent that they wish to share them)

Welcome! Mangia!

[Image: PB-Brownie-Sandwich.jpg]
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan