Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reading is Islamophobic
Reading is Islamophobic
Yeah, this guy is a Christian, but it's still a good video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA2eFtAaDS4
RE: Reading is Islamophobic
It's rather interesting that any legitimate criticism of Islam is labeled as racist or Islamophobic. Of course it's just a way to silence criticism, but I think that this needs to be called out as BS. There are no ideas that are above scrutiny, no ideas that are immune to discussion. It is not acceptable for one group to silence all discussion by crying racism. Good on him for calling it out.
(July 8, 2014 at 8:25 am)Natachan Wrote: It's rather interesting that any legitimate criticism of Islam is labeled as racist or Islamophobic. Of course it's just a way to silence criticism, but I think that this needs to be called out as BS. There are no ideas that are above scrutiny, no ideas that are immune to discussion. It is not acceptable for one group to silence all discussion by crying racism. Good on him for calling it out.

I think it was Pat Condell that said people who defend freedom from a theocracy are racist, bigots and Islamophobes...

It doesn't matter if he is a christian or not, the critics were still good, and the 'I can read' part was funny. It's as simple as that
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

All of those intolerant ideas found in the Koran are also found in the Bible, both Testaments. The bottom line is that Gentiles need to stop believing in ethnocentric Jewish and Arabian religious fairy tales.
(July 9, 2014 at 2:24 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: All of those intolerant ideas found in the Koran are also found in the Bible, both Testaments. The bottom line is that Gentiles need to stop believing in ethnocentric Jewish and Arabian religious fairy tales.
That's a gross, lazy misstatement. The core teachings of Christianity and Islam are embodied in the examples of Jesus and the prophet Mohammed. These two archetypes are radically different characters. Jesus was mostly peaceful. Mohammed was a barbaric warlord.

I'm not a Christian and I'm not here to defend Christianity. But "those intolerant ideas" are most certainly not found equally in both Christianity and Islam. It's a pretty safe bet that you don't know what you're talking about. Sure, there's much abhorrent in the old testament, in particular. But, as I said, the core teachings are embodied in these archetypes, and they are radically different characters.

"In a nine year period Mohammed personally attended 27 raids. There were 38 other battles and expeditions. This is a total of 65 armed events, not including assassinations and executions, for an average of one violent event every six weeks. He died without an enemy left standing."

Only a complete ignoramus would equate Mohammed with Jesus. Both involve fairy tales, no doubt, but that's where the comparison ends.
I can't even take this video seriously because the guy is a Christian. Maybe he should read his own damn book in context.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(July 10, 2014 at 5:23 am)Losty Wrote: I can't even take this video seriously because the guy is a Christian. Maybe he should read his own damn book in context.
He was actually raised an atheist, and then converted. He has another video explaining Bayes Theorem. Smart guy. It's hard to fathom how he arrived at Christianity though. That's mind boggling.

Still, what he says about Islam is 100% accurate.
(July 10, 2014 at 5:13 am)mralstoner Wrote:
(July 9, 2014 at 2:24 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: All of those intolerant ideas found in the Koran are also found in the Bible, both Testaments. The bottom line is that Gentiles need to stop believing in ethnocentric Jewish and Arabian religious fairy tales.
That's a gross, lazy misstatement. The core teachings of Christianity and Islam are embodied in the examples of Jesus and the prophet Mohammed. These two archetypes are radically different characters. Jesus was mostly peaceful. Mohammed was a barbaric warlord.

I'm not a Christian and I'm not here to defend Christianity. But "those intolerant ideas" are most certainly not found equally in both Christianity and Islam. It's a pretty safe bet that you don't know what you're talking about. Sure, there's much abhorrent in the old testament, in particular. But, as I said, the core teachings are embodied in these archetypes, and they are radically different characters.

"In a nine year period Mohammed personally attended 27 raids. There were 38 other battles and expeditions. This is a total of 65 armed events, not including assassinations and executions, for an average of one violent event every six weeks. He died without an enemy left standing."

Only a complete ignoramus would equate Mohammed with Jesus. Both involve fairy tales, no doubt, but that's where the comparison ends.

According to the Jesus fairy tale when he returns for his thousand year rule he's going to set up a theocratic dictatorship and rule with an iron hand. After he gets kicked out he returns once more and kills off all life and destroys the Earth. You might think that he's a nice guy but I don't.
(July 10, 2014 at 5:30 am)mralstoner Wrote:
(July 10, 2014 at 5:23 am)Losty Wrote: I can't even take this video seriously because the guy is a Christian. Maybe he should read his own damn book in context.
He was actually raised an atheist, and then converted. He has another video explaining Bayes Theorem. Smart guy. It's hard to fathom how he arrived at Christianity though. That's mind boggling.

Too bad he can't see that it's true about his own religion as well. With maybe a slight difference being in many places it's a little bit more socially acceptable to dis Christianity. Not everywhere though.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(July 10, 2014 at 4:28 pm)Losty Wrote:
(July 10, 2014 at 5:30 am)mralstoner Wrote: He was actually raised an atheist, and then converted. He has another video explaining Bayes Theorem. Smart guy. It's hard to fathom how he arrived at Christianity though. That's mind boggling.

Too bad he can't see that it's true about his own religion as well. With maybe a slight difference being in many places it's a little bit more socially acceptable to dis Christianity. Not everywhere though.

It's like someone hating black people and criticizing others for hating asians.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 863 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Mona Walter left Islam after reading the Quran mralstoner 6 3516 October 8, 2015 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Cato
  Atheist/Islamophobic convert to Islam Sleepy 73 18146 December 8, 2013 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: WesOlsen