Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running from Hell
Running from Hell
Id like to show you this article on Nate Phelps, who basically escaped from the Westboro Baptist Church, in particular his father Fred Phelps.

http://www.ubyssey.ca/?p=5624

Interesting read, including the comments.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
RE: Running from Hell
Never realised he was an atheist...that must piss Fred off plenty Big Grin
Interesting read. The whole WBC thing saddens me more than anything. How anyone can buy into it's dogma of pure hatred is beyond me.

There are countless bible passages about compassion for your fellow man, how can none of these bleed into the WBC ideology?
I agree with the guy about the fear ... eventually I suppose it does go away but I had nightmares a long way into adulthood and the only thing that stopped them was the final realisation that I was an atheist about 15 years ago, it's still there but it no longer bothers me much. That was only RC indoctrination so Christ knows what that poor b@stard goes through in his head.

Kyu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HELL or not HELL? Little Rik 91 11412 November 10, 2018 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda