Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 1:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
linguistic question
linguistic question
A friend just asked me this question.

Quote:Apparently, there is a name for the phenomenon of a person carrying a first name (Christian name) with a surname (Christian name) which may also be a first name.

I don't know. Any ideas?
RE: linguistic question
You mean like "Mick Jack"?
(January 13, 2010 at 1:34 am)theVOID Wrote: You mean like "Mick Jack"?

Yeah, but more like say Peter George or Frederick Antony. I can't say I've ever heard of a term for such a thing.
Could it be a suffix name?
You might get your Dad's first name as your last to avoid suffix' of both Jr. and then Snr . . .
I'm not sure though.
Coming soon: Banner image-link to new anti-islam forum.
At my baptism I've been given 2 names, Leonardus Cornelis. So If I didn't like the name Leo I could have gone with Corne (which are both common Dutch names). I stayed with Leo.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Is this a slang term or an actual recognized word?

All I know is: Never trust a man with 2 first names.

Or two last names, that's just fucked. My GF grew up with a boy named Johnson. How messed up must his childhood have been?
- Meatball

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Linguistic diversity should be discouraged Alexmahone 20 821 May 31, 2018 at 4:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I have a homosexual question and incest question? KingKong 39 8678 July 6, 2014 at 1:38 am
Last Post: Amalynne0
  "Answer the Question with a Question" Game Rayaan 101 17245 August 14, 2012 at 6:28 am
Last Post: Rayaan