Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kansas proves why conservatives should never run anything ever.
Kansas proves why conservatives should never run anything ever.
Gov. Brownback has turned Kansas into a model Teahadist Dumbfuckistan. Surprising nobody with more than three functional brain cells, his administration has accomplished the following conservative victories:

Just saying:

[Image: 16x9]

Kansas has sent a message to America: When you vote for conservatives, you vote for economic disaster.
RE: Kansas proves why conservatives should never run anything ever.
It must take a lot of stupidity and indoctrination to be an american conservative, no pun intended to my american fellows on AF
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

When I applied for Kansas Medicaid this year, like I sometimes have to do out of necessity for increased medical bills-- I literally had a Medicaid Rep call me and try to talk me out of getting it "because Medicare takes care of most all of my medical expenses". When I declined his non offer, he cited a $2500 spend down every six months that I must meet in order to get simple Medicaid benefits like rides to my appointments (I have seizures off and on) and the grocery store. He said its that way for even the elderly and others. I could hardly believe it. Now, I've reached that spend down and still they refuse to acknowledge it. I'm behind on my treatments and was hospitalized recently, having spent my last ten bucks on a taxi so as to not incur an ambulance bill on top of it all. When I asked the Medicaid Rep why no one at Medicaid answered the phone, he said that there were changes two years ago that pretty much made their processing time faster, but no one answers the phone--you just have to come in. Then I asked why they had an address for an office on their website that was no longer existant.
I.. still don't have transportation. In tears, when I asked the Rep what I should do for transportation he asked me if I go to church to ask them for help. Or red cross, who I do not qualify for. Or a disabled bus service that has literally am inch of paperwork for you to fill out and a medical evaluation you must attend.
I'm too ill to fight or play 'find the SRS office in a taxi'. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

My sister, who has just graduated nursing school and pays back more money than was spent supporting her and her children during school, ended up living off of ramen noodles all of last year because the only food benefits she could get for her and two kids is $35. My food benefit is a whopping $15. That's a month.

Not to mention the inhumane electric company spike in January that came out of nOwhere for all of Wichita. All's told my friend with a house had a double bill, and mine was quadrupled in the apartment. Therefore my sister and I bundled up Feb-April and went without A/C all summer. We aren't the only ones.

After being released from the hospital barely able to make the trip home (I was released still anemic), I was notified that there's a 2-3 yr long waiting list for home health aid. So pretty much, to sum it up, the hospitals here laid off some 20k health workers and no one is getting the care they need. But Kansas was one of those states that refused Obama's federal aid program and calls other states moochers.

I fully expect that there will be at the very least, elderly deaths and child starvation (WIC was completely cut altogether) as a consequence of the lack of care in this state.

Kansas is fucked.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Yeah, I didn't even think to mention the fact that Brownback's tax cuts on the rich have devastated public services such as health care and education and shifted more of the tax burden to those least-capable of bearing it.

[Image: 3-27-14sfp-f3.png]

But, that's okay, because you'll be making less money to pay your higher relative taxes.

[Image: 3-27-14sfp-f5.png]
(July 20, 2014 at 6:46 pm)Luckie Wrote: When I applied for Kansas Medicaid this year, like I sometimes have to do out of necessity for increased medical bills-- I literally had a Medicaid Rep call me and try to talk me out of getting it "because Medicare takes care of most all of my medical expenses". When I declined his non offer, he cited a $2500 spend down every six months that I must meet in order to get simple Medicaid benefits like rides to my appointments (I have seizures off and on) and the grocery store. He said its that way for even the elderly and others. I could hardly believe it. Now, I've reached that spend down and still they refuse to acknowledge it. I'm behind on my treatments and was hospitalized recently, having spent my last ten bucks on a taxi so as to not incur an ambulance bill on top of it all. When I asked the Medicaid Rep why no one at Medicaid answered the phone, he said that there were changes two years ago that pretty much made their processing time faster, but no one answers the phone--you just have to come in. Then I asked why they had an address for an office on their website that was no longer existant.
I.. still don't have transportation. In tears, when I asked the Rep what I should do for transportation he asked me if I go to church to ask them for help. Or red cross, who I do not qualify for. Or a disabled bus service that has literally am inch of paperwork for you to fill out and a medical evaluation you must attend.
I'm too ill to fight or play 'find the SRS office in a taxi'. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

My sister, who has just graduated nursing school and pays back more money than was spent supporting her and her children during school, ended up living off of ramen noodles all of last year because the only food benefits she could get for her and two kids is $35. My food benefit is a whopping $15. That's a month.

Not to mention the inhumane electric company spike in January that came out of nOwhere for all of Wichita. All's told my friend with a house had a double bill, and mine was quadrupled in the apartment. Therefore my sister and I bundled up Feb-April and went without A/C all summer. We aren't the only ones.

After being released from the hospital barely able to make the trip home (I was released still anemic), I was notified that there's a 2-3 yr long waiting list for home health aid. So pretty much, to sum it up, the hospitals here laid off some 20k health workers and no one is getting the care they need. But Kansas was one of those states that refused Obama's federal aid program and calls other states moochers.

I fully expect that there will be at the very least, elderly deaths and child starvation (WIC was completely cut altogether) as a consequence of the lack of care in this state.

Kansas is fucked.

If I ever do another eastbound road trip, I'm driving around this fucking state.

For fucks sake, I knew some places here in the states we bad, but damn!

Wow, just.... Wow.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Yeah I haven't even mentioned the crime, massive fireworks expenses, closing of planned parenthoods, or the sweltering illegal population.

Murica
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

PS. This is all Bill Oreilly's fault

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...jesus.html

Quote:Kansas is fucked.

Kansas is republican. Serves them right.
They're not paying for it though Min. Children and elderly and sick are.

The republicunts call them "takers."

While they stick their hands out for more tax cuts and corporate subsidies.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Foxaèr 11 1385 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Do conservatives believe the shit on Fox News? Spongebob 119 8215 August 31, 2021 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Should I stay or should I go? POLITICAL op/ed Brian37 53 6714 August 26, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Asshole conservatives. Jehanne 3 376 July 11, 2021 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Has Mark Samsel Done A Good Job As A Kansas State Representative? BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1013 May 3, 2021 at 10:56 am
Last Post: GUBU
  With All the Anti-QAnon Hate, How Come We Never Hear About Christian Zionism? Seax 21 1750 April 6, 2021 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Conservatives, COVID, Agency and Autism, some insights into political worldviews Rev. Rye 5 535 January 10, 2021 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Is there a continent in history where Britain never went too? Sweden83 21 1038 December 5, 2020 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Why you should fear Trump's pick for Supreme Court Judge Foxaèr 75 3951 October 31, 2020 at 10:52 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  The trains run on time. Brian37 27 1988 March 3, 2020 at 9:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger