Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asshole conservatives.
Asshole conservatives.
Just assholes; can't imagine anyone at a liberal meeting doing such, but, I suppose that there are examples of such bad behavior to be found:

RE: Asshole conservatives.
Pretty sickening, but the funny bit is, ‘What about Jesus?’. I’m pretty sure that Jesus never said to follow trans people around and make a twatwaffle of yourself in public.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Such reminds me of Professor Steven Weinberg's comment (paraphrased) that good people will do good things, bad people bad things, but for good people to do bad things, such takes religion.
Well, this old interview with JimBob and Michelle Duggar looks like it'd be relevant, especially with the clusterfuck that is Josh's pedophilia coming back into light:

Some highlights:
  • They downplay the severity of Josh's actions by (among other things) acting like the fact that he did most of it while the girls were asleep (even though, at one point, he did so while they were outside, during the day) somehow makes it less fucked up.
  • Michelle acting like she has any room to preach about the morality of trans women in public restrooms and claim that she's just using common sense and protecting young girls, even though, when she had the chance to protect young girls in her own home, she repeatedly shit the bed. 
  • JimBob splitting hairs about the definition of pedophilia in such a cringy way that Michelle actually tells him to stop.  
  • Overall, refusing to acknowledge that, ironically, the only concievable way to potentially partially absolve either Josh or JimBob is to acknowledge that the system they brought him up in has done nothing but make everything worse. He's just curious about girls? Maybe if he had literally any other potential sexual outlet, he might not have done that. He comes to you repeatedly telling you he can't stop? Maybe if IBLP's approach to sexual abuse did anything but blame the fucking victims, something might have happened. Of course, the fact that it turns out he's not only a pedophile, but into the worst of the worst makes things even hairier. But you had a chance to at least mitigate the damages, and you didn't do shit.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Foxaèr 11 1417 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Do conservatives believe the shit on Fox News? Spongebob 119 8575 August 31, 2021 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Conservatives, COVID, Agency and Autism, some insights into political worldviews Rev. Rye 5 554 January 10, 2021 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Why Do Republicans/Conservatives Bend Over Backwards for Companies? Jade-Green Stone 14 1385 November 28, 2018 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Do conservatives lie more than liberals? Angrboda 23 2572 June 17, 2018 at 11:40 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Conservatives threaten to boycott Netflix Foxaèr 63 9678 May 28, 2018 at 10:30 am
Last Post: julep
  Conservatives have more self-control John V 248 26122 January 31, 2018 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
Big Grin Conservatives are more attractive John V 81 8641 January 28, 2018 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Conservatives more driven by fear Amarok 11 1762 January 28, 2018 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The Turd Doesn't Fall Far From The Asshole in WLB Land Minimalist 0 1021 June 2, 2017 at 6:56 pm
Last Post: Minimalist