Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beats Wireless Headphones
Beats Wireless Headphones
So I am about to go back to school next month. As you guys know just about all my tech has Bluetooth capabilities. I've heard a LOT about Beats by Dr Dre. I've read the reviews. And because even for a rational human I think I'd rather hear from some others what they think. Are they really overpriced and shoddy with too much bass? Or do the hipsters need to stfu? Also suggestions for better brands are welcome.
RE: Beats Wireless Headphones
It is impossible to have too much bass.
Any bluetooth audio device will suffer loss of fidelity simply because of the limitations of bluetooth technology. It simply wasn't developed for with in mind high fidelity. RF technology produces much better sound, but I'm not sure any are available that are portable so if you're looking for something to plug into a smart phone/personal media player, there may not be an RF option. Wired is hands down the best audio quality, at the expense of having a cord tethering you to the device. Not such a problem if the device is a smart phone/personal media player currently riding in your pocket, but it can be a big deal if you're listening to your home stereo and want the freedom to move about the house.

I'm not much help past the technology, but our good friends over at CNET have a helpful buying guide here.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Personally I've heard mixed reviews. My main issue is that there are much, much better brands out there (IMHO), some being cheaper (Sennheiser), some being more expensive (Bose).

Personally I've gone with wired Sennheiser for general listening from my iPhone and bluetooth Bose when I'm on long journeys and want some seriously good equipment to listen to music with (generally have my iPad in my rucksack so it makes sense). But each unto their own. I tested the bluetooth beats before going with my Bose set and I have to say they sounded good. But the Bose set I managed to get for cheaper (Under £200) and they sounded a lot better. The Beats ones at last check were £300, so it was a no brainer for me.

http://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/home-and-per...eadphones/
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
They're good but they're only a hot item because of their marketing campaign. I don't think they are any better than their cheaper competitors. Nothing special to me. Now those gamer headphones, well that's a whole different story...
"Just call me Bruce Wayne. I'd rather be Batman."
Well first of all I need to know what do you mean by 'headphones'. Are you talking about any kind of device (in this case wireless) that will play music into your ear? Or are you talking about the bigger (excluding the small earbuds, earphones, etc.) ones?

I've never used wireless headphones, however I can make my personal recommendation. I'm a huge music fan and I've worn different kinds of headphones throughout my still short life. In terms of quality/price relation, I usually go with sony, I tend to pick the smaller earphones that can be inserted directly into your ear canal, the sound gets very good. If you can afford something more expensive, go with bose.

Since I bough my 7th generation Ipod nano I've used the ipod earphones that came with the package, I was astonished when I noticed that, unlike the previous apple earphones that came with apple devices, these were pretty good and so I decided to keep them for personal use, they haven't broken yet (it's been 6 months). I also keep the sony ones around just in case.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

I have some Sennheiser MM450's and the sound is very good, not as good as the wired obviously but very acceptable and they also have noise cancelling. I'd give them an 8 out of 10.
Tested out some MM450s and I liked a lot.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(July 29, 2014 at 10:44 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: So I am about to go back to school next month. As you guys know just about all my tech has Bluetooth capabilities. I've heard a LOT about Beats by Dr Dre. I've read the reviews. And because even for a rational human I think I'd rather hear from some others what they think. Are they really overpriced and shoddy with too much bass? Or do the hipsters need to stfu? Also suggestions for better brands are welcome.

Are they really by Dr Dre? He never seemed like much of a technical wizard to me. A bit like George Forman and that grill.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Considering you can buy knock off beats for a quarter of the price and they are exactly the same, I wouldn't advise buying the 'real' product. Not that I'm condoning buying knock offs or anything...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wireless LAN extension bennyboy 22 2024 September 9, 2016 at 7:26 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Wireless Data From Every Light Bulb thesummerqueen 2 1455 August 11, 2011 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: frankiej