Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frequent Misunderstandings
Frequent Misunderstandings
I'm not sure if there is already a thread like this somewhere, if so feel free to delete this one Smile

I thought it would be useful to put together a list of terms and arguments which I have frequently experienced which either misuse expressions, or use faulty logic. If people think this is a good idea, feel free to suggest more for me to add to it. These are in regard to generally discussing the existence or not of some sort of god. I've put a bunch of stuff to get started, I can add more at a later date.

You should choose to believe in god

You might as well believe in god as you have nothing to lose if you are wrong

Evolution is only a theory

Evolution/atheism/science is a religion or requires faith

You can't prove god doesn't exist

I'm an agnostic not an atheist

Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: Frequent Misunderstandings
Stick around long enough and you'll find real-world examples of this sort of thing on a weekly basis.
I'm sure I will Smile I thought it may be useful for people to have a thread to refer to to point out what the problem is, rather than have to repeat the same stuff endlessly.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
No one with the above problems every really listens anyway. We fight the good fight, but nothing changes.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Nailed it.
"Just call me Bruce Wayne. I'd rather be Batman."