Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:14 am

Poll: Are you excited for the release of Grand Theft Auto 5 PC?
This poll is closed.
Yes
33.33%
1 33.33%
No
66.67%
2 66.67%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTA 5 PC
GTA 5 PC
Anybody excited for Grand Theft Auto 5 PC!?!?

*whoop whoop*

Grand Theft Auto 5 for Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC

Soooo glad I'm getting a new gaming laptop soon! Big Grin Big Grin Tongue Tongue

Not sure whether a 2.5 Ghz Quad-Core i7-4710HQ and Nvidia Geforce GTX 860m and 16GB RAM is gonna cut it playing on Ultra setting though...
[Image: American+Pi_1f9cca_4991546.png]
RE: GTA 5 PC
(August 13, 2014 at 8:46 am)OfficerVajardian Wrote: Anybody excited for Grand Theft Auto 5 PC!?!?
I played it when it came out on Xbox 360 but yeah. I really enjoyed it and now I don't use it I miss GTA V.
(August 13, 2014 at 8:46 am)OfficerVajardian Wrote: Soooo glad I'm getting a new gaming laptop soon! Big Grin Big Grin Tongue Tongue
Don't do it! Most gaming laptops suck so hard.. You end up spending twice as much for half the performance.
(August 13, 2014 at 9:46 am)Insanity Wrote:
(August 13, 2014 at 8:46 am)OfficerVajardian Wrote: Anybody excited for Grand Theft Auto 5 PC!?!?
I played it when it came out on Xbox 360 but yeah. I really enjoyed it and now I don't use it I miss GTA V.
(August 13, 2014 at 8:46 am)OfficerVajardian Wrote: Soooo glad I'm getting a new gaming laptop soon! Big Grin Big Grin Tongue Tongue
Don't do it! Most gaming laptops suck so hard.. You end up spending twice as much for half the performance.

Obviously gaming laptops are weaker, but I travel around a lot (as a student and my school's campus is built on top of a hill, so a lot of stairs), so I don't think it would be wise to carry around a desktop on my back.

(The airlines certainly won't appreciate it either!)

Desktops are certainly better in terms of performance with their, Titans and 12 cores and their Devil's Canyon processors and stuff, but I prefer mobility.
If it were me I'd just go with a cheaper laptop and build a desktop for gaming. The only laptops I've ever seen thats been able to handle games in any way I'd find acceptable is the top of the line alienwares for over £2000.

That said I used to run GTA IV on one of my laptops with reasonable settings. Problem is they get so hot so fast and then the performance goes to shit.

Perhaps you could get something like these for when you actually play: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zalman-ZM-NC3-Ul...top+cooler
(August 13, 2014 at 10:13 am)Insanity Wrote: Perhaps you could get something like these for when you actually play: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zalman-ZM-NC3-Ul...top+cooler

I've needed one of these for a while. Is this one you'd recommend or just a random one you found??
(August 13, 2014 at 10:33 am)Napoléon Wrote: I've needed one of these for a while. Is this one you'd recommend or just a random one you found??

Random but it has like 80 good reviews or something.

I could have a quick look around if you would like. I'm waiting for my CPU to arrive Big Grin
You know, I was actually considering getting a nice, cheap and light ultrabook, but I wanted to game on the go, playing Minecraft with Shaders and GTA IV with icEnhancer.

Also, I could run GTA IV on Low Settings with Intel HD Graphics 2000. All you need is one of those "commandline.txt" mods and you're set to go! Smile

P.S. I get around 30 fps doing this.
We just completed the game on ps3 (we got it this year) on Tuesday. Big Grin
Gta IV didn't work well on our PC (I didn't get to "manhatten"(forgot the spelling of the tribe), It started getting crazy). The PC isn't really good (really slow).
I don't think I've ever completed a GTA game. Too many far more interesting and imaginative things to do with that beautiful sandbox for sadistic fuckers.
(August 14, 2014 at 2:51 pm)czúzyt ylgájla Wrote: We just completed the game on ps3 (we got it this year) on Tuesday. Big Grin
Gta IV didn't work well on our PC (I didn't get to "manhatten"(forgot the spelling of the tribe), It started getting crazy). The PC isn't really good (really slow).

What? Really slow? It's probably because of the crappy PC Port that Rockstar did. Even with the highest PCs, the game can slow them to a halt.
(Unless you have a 6 core processor with 3.5 GHz and a Titan. Tongue)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone here play GTA Online? copiedusername 2 687 December 17, 2019 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: copiedusername
  Any GTA V gamers here? GODZILLA 5 537 March 29, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: Raven Orlock
  GTA IV goes for 6 bucks this weekend on steam abaris 10 1605 July 10, 2016 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  GTA V JohnNelson98 17 1896 August 13, 2014 at 8:07 am
Last Post: OfficerVajardian
  GTA V OGirly 2 609 March 20, 2014 at 11:16 am
Last Post: Nine
  GTA V Napoléon 34 6025 October 17, 2013 at 5:29 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  GTA 5 announced Napoléon 2 1138 October 31, 2012 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Napoléon