Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
its all about me
its all about me
Hi, I guess I will start with I did not grow up in a religious home; I don’t think my mother is an atheist it was just never was brought up. I don’t think she cares one way or the other but assumes there is a God. Now that I think about it I am going to ask, seems weird. I think my disgust over things happening in the world specifically fighting over religion and some stupid holy land bullshit, has finally brought me to this point.
In the early 1990s I was a practicing southern Baptist, conservative, republican. The first sign of change was, even though I did not believe abortion was right, I believed a woman had the right to do wrong (in my opinion). From there I found out gay people where just people (my grandmother shared house with a gay couple, really cool guys). Soon after that I realized I don’t care about mixed marriages, or that I can have a woman for a boss. The trickle down economy was obviously not trickling down to my level. I hate war, what else is there to be conservative about?
Now here I was early 2000s dropped the church, getting more and more like those evil liberals. I really did not think much about religion or care, until now. I can no longer stand by while all this crap going on and us supporting any side just because we are a freaking “Christian nation”, I’m pissed off. Now I am looking at it trying to figure out why all these people seem to think they have the right to kill others. OK now I think I am starting to understand and it has to be the stupidest thing since a man stood on two legs. What a waste, and for WHAT?? ABSOLUTLY NOTHING I give a damn about. I am sure as hell not willing to die or send people, or a LOT of money we don’t have for their ignorant and just plain stupid cause.
This country is so fucked up and twisted right now, we gotta get this together. This is the 21st century. When I think about it, we almost elected a Mormon for president that made a whole lot money sending jobs out of our country. What a joke a Mormon, REALLY, how can anybody believe that BS.
So with all that rant out of the way, and all that said it is still very difficult for me after all these years of not thinking or caring about religion, even thinking Christians must be stupid, I find it difficult to say and finally face what I am, an atheist. Is that strange? I really don’t understand.
I am on the forum to maybe find like minded people. I was pretty much raised in the city, Dallas Texas. Now I live in South Carolina I can’t believe these people are still fighting the civil war, get over it. There is a group here though and I intend to get involved.
RE: its all about me
Welcome

Don't feed the trolls Big Grin
Welcome
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Welcome
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

[Image: hi-onion-head-emoticon.gif]
Welcome, Libertine Smile
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi all - new here is all.... val5662 15 2135 March 18, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
Rainbow My intro brings all the forumers to my thread. Damn right, its better than yours. TheStateIsALie 54 15131 July 16, 2013 at 2:35 am
Last Post: Rayaan
Wink Hope its not too late! WhatIfGodWasJustAMyth 9 4185 July 21, 2012 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: C.W. Sims
  Look its the new Guy !! The Athiest God 10 1748 September 23, 2010 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: everythingafter
  Its About Time! Peter44 8 1852 August 13, 2010 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: Cego_Colher
Thumbs Up HEY ALL Y'ALL Droppin' Loads 10 3924 September 22, 2009 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Amphora