Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 7:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are the people from the future?
Where are the people from the future?
..think about it... technology is bounding forward, splitting atoms etc..so let's guess that in the next 100 years we'll suss out anti gravity, and maybe invisibility in 300 years.. and maybe time travel in a thousand years time...? But if they discover time travel, they can then go into the future and discover more technical ways or improving it... so it will be easy to travel back in time... and then mass produce it for everyone almost as a recreation... so take that 10,000 years hence, with population increases.. surely most people that live in the future will be visiting ancestors in the past ?

So where are they?
RE: Where are the people from the future?
(August 31, 2014 at 6:18 pm)lifesagift Wrote: So where are they?
We do not call ourselves future visitors. We call ourselves past progressors.
They're everywhere, but they don't usually advertise the fact that they're from the future. All the people with ideas that revolutionize the world are people from a future where such things have already happened. That's the truth about where the greatest minds come from.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(August 31, 2014 at 6:18 pm)lifesagift Wrote: ..think about it... technology is bounding forward, splitting atoms etc..so let's guess that in the next 100 years we'll suss out anti gravity, and maybe invisibility in 300 years.. and maybe time travel in a thousand years time...? But if they discover time travel, they can then go into the future and discover more technical ways or improving it... so it will be easy to travel back in time... and then mass produce it for everyone almost as a recreation... so take that 10,000 years hence, with population increases.. surely most people that live in the future will be visiting ancestors in the past ?

So where are they?

Playing hide and seek with you.
That's what is known as a 'non-paradox', i.e., something that looks like a paradox, but isn't.

The most common one is, 'Time travel has been invented. I'm going to go back in time to kill the person who invented it, so there won't be any time travel.' Well, if you'd succeeded in that endeavour, you wouldn't have been able to travel back in time in the first place.

In the case of the OP, since there aren't people from 10 000 years in the future running about in the here-and-now, that's a pretty good indication that time travel hasn't been invented. QED.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
They're invisible.
This reminds me of a great Stephen Hawking tv program from a few years back:

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
(August 31, 2014 at 6:24 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: That's what is known as a 'non-paradox', i.e., something that looks like a paradox, but isn't.

The most common one is, 'Time travel has been invented. I'm going to go back in time to kill the person who invented it, so there won't be any time travel.' Well, if you'd succeeded in that endeavour, you wouldn't have been able to travel back in time in the first place.

In the case of the OP, since there aren't people from 10 000 years in the future running about in the here-and-now, that's a pretty good indication that time travel hasn't been invented. QED.

Boru

Did I just invent a paradox?
(August 31, 2014 at 6:27 pm)lifesagift Wrote:
(August 31, 2014 at 6:24 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: That's what is known as a 'non-paradox', i.e., something that looks like a paradox, but isn't.

Boru

Did I just invent a paradox?

No.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
You really think mankind will be around another 10,000 years? If somehow we are smart enough to last that long, they probably will be smart enough not to come back here messing up things for there own time.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Past|Present|Future] Timetravel - Hoax? ErGingerbreadMandude 66 13577 July 8, 2015 at 12:47 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  Body Future luxilius 8 1626 November 8, 2014 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut