Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things Kate Bush did - on stage (spoiler alert!)
Things Kate Bush did - on stage (spoiler alert!)
I was simply blown away by the breath-taking show put on by Kate Bush on Saturday. Here's some of the theatrics she pulled off;

- turned the whole stage into a wild sea complete with buoy (which she clung to as she sang)
- turned the stage into a seabed, danced and sang inside the wreck of a sunken ship
- sunk her family living room complete with son and husband watching TV and appeared (ghostlike) from behind an open door
-turned the entire stage into a frozen lake and fell beneath the ice
- turned the stage into a gothic hall complete with 20 foot high doors
- made it snow on stage
- turned the stage into a snowy forest with one tree smashing through her piano
- buzzed the audience with a helicopter rig complete with searchlight, rotor-blade blast and dry ice
- had a 10 foot high self-painting artists canvas that changed with the songs
- had a wooden puppet break free from its puppeteer and run round the stage
- gradually transformed herself into a blackbird and took off from the stage
- had an acoustic jig with the band among confetti cannons, there were movie backdrops, lasers, dry-ice, image projections, dead 'fish-people', a funeral march (where she was carried off stage into the audience)

and that's only the stuff I can remember... absolutely amazing!

I hope they release a film of the show.

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)
RE: Things Kate Bush did - on stage (spoiler alert!)
Huh???
I just hope they either put the show on DVD or take it to Chicago (fat chance of that). It sounds like it would be excellent.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(September 2, 2014 at 10:09 am)Endo Wrote: Huh???

Multi-talented British pop star from the eighties still rocks.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
I would so love to see this.

I've heard nothing but good things.
Dying to live, living to die.
(September 2, 2014 at 7:34 am)ManMachine Wrote: I was simply blown away by the breath-taking show put on by Kate Bush on Saturday. Here's some of the theatrics she pulled off;

- turned the whole stage into a wild sea complete with buoy (which she clung to as she sang)
- turned the stage into a seabed, danced and sang inside the wreck of a sunken ship
- sunk her family living room complete with son and husband watching TV and appeared (ghostlike) from behind an open door
-turned the entire stage into a frozen lake and fell beneath the ice
- turned the stage into a gothic hall complete with 20 foot high doors
- made it snow on stage
- turned the stage into a snowy forest with one tree smashing through her piano
- buzzed the audience with a helicopter rig complete with searchlight, rotor-blade blast and dry ice
- had a 10 foot high self-painting artists canvas that changed with the songs
- had a wooden puppet break free from its puppeteer and run round the stage
- gradually transformed herself into a blackbird and took off from the stage
- had an acoustic jig with the band among confetti cannons, there were movie backdrops, lasers, dry-ice, image projections, dead 'fish-people', a funeral march (where she was carried off stage into the audience)

and that's only the stuff I can remember... absolutely amazing!

I hope they release a film of the show.

MM

Your move lady ga ga.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 801 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Alert Survival Check-in Foxaèr 21 1050 October 5, 2023 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  US National Alert System, aka Satan's Whistle. Gawdzilla Sama 10 712 October 5, 2023 at 1:07 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Lockdown Trivia, Stage III BrianSoddingBoru4 17 1091 April 25, 2020 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Deal alert -- just bought The God Delusion for $3.73 Jehanne 5 741 March 16, 2019 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Peterkin
  What's your secret rapper stage name? Gawdzilla Sama 24 1821 January 8, 2018 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: Mr.wizard
  Our Boston was diagnosed with 3rd stage high grade metastatic mast cell tumors MJ the Skeptical 41 5210 June 9, 2016 at 5:20 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  The Alaskan Bush People have it right. Joods 27 8489 December 2, 2015 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Fucked up things you did as a kid! MentalGiant 65 10530 November 2, 2015 at 12:11 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  The Big Bang Theory (TV Show) Bugbear (Nerd Alert) ManMachine 19 3915 April 4, 2014 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: ManMachine