Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is a mash banger?
What is a mash banger?
Officially it (mash and bang) is a song by 'twista.'

From what I understand it is a thuggish-gangsta/murder (like someone who would chop your head off with a dull knife)

See if you can get a deeper meaning from these well written lyrics
http://www.metrolyrics.com/mash-bang-lyrics-twista.html

When I saw the 'mash banger' I thought someone is trying to look a little too 'gangsta,' then I heard him speak, I drew a parallel. So I thought I would have some fun with it. I did, and the other mash bangers (the eaters of actual bangers and mash on this message board) took way too much offense of this play on words to not to have some more fun at their expense, and maybe even illustrate a point or two in the process.

Point being they are only words and 'we' are the only ones who give these words power to build up, tear down, or to simply colorfully illustrate. I learned growing up (not white or black) if you give someone the satisfaction of being offended by something they say in the least little bit, is to give them control over your emotional state.
Over time you give them control over your life.
Wink Shades

So with that in mind are their any other 'buttons' you dare me not to push?
RE: What is a mash banger?
Come to think of it, there's not much I can think of that will offend me anymore...
I'd say the younger, less experienced crowd may take things to heart a little more than others...

In fact some of the jokes here are more vulgar than anything I've read in a long time.
(Especially the lady on the train tracks joke!)

Cheers...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Bangers and mash means sausages and potatoes in British colloquialisms.

I don't take offence to it, although it wasn't my favourite dish in the world...

However, sometimes you will find chefs that make it their speciality and then it can be very good...

Especially when starving at a music festival.
(September 5, 2014 at 12:54 am)Drich Wrote: So with that in mind are their any other 'buttons' you dare me not to push?

I don't know, are their?

ROFLOL
Yeah, not buying it, Drich. Here's the more likely scenario:

You thought 'mash banger' was a colloquial term for people from the UK. When UKers (and former UKers) handed you your arse on this one, you did a desperate web search for the term 'mash banger' until you found a result. Since it clearly isn't what you originally thought it was, you proceeded to invent a pretzel-like explanation which you sincerely hoped wouldn't make you look like an utter douche nozzle.

There hasn't been a miscalculation of this magnitude since Richard III told his missus, 'Just off to Bosworth, luv. Back in an hour.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 5, 2014 at 3:58 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Yeah, not buying it, Drich. Here's the more likely scenario:

You thought 'mash banger' was a colloquial term for people from the UK. When UKers (and former UKers) handed you your arse on this one, you did a desperate web search for the term 'mash banger' until you found a result. Since it clearly isn't what you originally thought it was, you proceeded to invent a pretzel-like explanation which you sincerely hoped wouldn't make you look like an utter douche nozzle.

There hasn't been a miscalculation of this magnitude since Richard III told his missus, 'Just off to Bosworth, luv. Back in an hour.'

Boru

So sorry, mr. Soddy. My 'story' started a couple weeks ago with my first mash banger thread, when asked what that mean I had some fun with you guys, explaining it was a local Floridian term that described English tourists, I carried this on till stimbo got all bent out of shape, so I let it go. Then I saw an opportunity to dig in again took, it and here we are.

Never once did I think this was an English term. I know what bangers and mash are because we had an Englishman as a service manager for a while. I just know how to get under the skin of a proud people.
(September 5, 2014 at 9:14 am)Drich Wrote: I just know how to get under the skin of a proud people.
Matthew 5:9 Wrote:"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God."
(September 5, 2014 at 3:58 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: you proceeded to invent a pretzel-like explanation which you sincerely hoped wouldn't make you look like an utter douche nozzle.

Didn't work. :p
(September 5, 2014 at 12:38 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(September 5, 2014 at 3:58 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: you proceeded to invent a pretzel-like explanation which you sincerely hoped wouldn't make you look like an utter douche nozzle.

Didn't work. :p

Hey. Mr. Mod/Admin/Eldricht God? How does a douche nozzle work?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Drich you have terrible taste in music.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Holiday mash-ups? Gawdzilla Sama 5 343 February 18, 2018 at 12:12 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Best. GoT. Mash-up. Ever. thesummerqueen 12 2395 April 2, 2013 at 1:41 am