Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Late Night Debacle
The Late Night Debacle
How many of the Americans in this thread have been following the late night show controversy between Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien?

For those unaware, about 5 years ago Conan signed a contract that he would inherit The Tonight Show and Jay would move to primetime. The move was made to keep Conan on the The Late Night Show, which airs after The Tonight Show. The time came and Jay moved to 10pm and his show bombed. Meanwhile Conan was neck and neck with David Letterman on CBS. So in a dick move NBC wanted to give Jay a half hour show after local news and bump everything back. Conan decided not to go along, wrote a public letter and in the end Conan is being fired with a huge severance package. Tonight is his last show and then he can't do any TV until September, but rumors are that he'll go to Fox.

Of course as a result the fans have been coming out with support for Conan, such as this facebook "I'm with Coco" group. I personally think Conan is the better comedian, and I think he stayed classy by insisting The Tonight Show not leave it's traditional time slot. Jay Leno was the failure and should go. I'm incredibly sad to see Conan leave after only 7 months. I won't watch The Tonight Show once Jay Leno takes over.

One small positive is that since Conan is leaving he's been insulting NBC relentlessly and last night when it was confirmed he'd be going they just went crazy on the show. Robin Williams came on and was swearing and giving middle fingers all over the place. Tonight's show is bound to be crazier, because what can they do, fire him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_NGcG5Hv8s
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: The Late Night Debacle
He's been smashing Leno and Letterman in the ratings lately too, getting twice as many viewers as Letterman.

Shame that he won't be able to host another show for 9 months on any network.
Also found a funny Quote on facebok

Leno's chin is not really a chin - it's NBC's nutsack. It's permanently
lodged there cause he's been sucking their cock forever and a day. NBC
= it's "Nothing But Cock" for Leno's breakfast, lunch and dinner!
I didn't like any of them, so I don't miss anything really.

The Conan O'Brien vs Jon Stewart vs Stephen Colbert saga was somewhat funny.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
I used to watch Conan on his old show all the time, but I don't really watch those late night talk shows anymore. Anytime I catch Conan he can usually get a few chuckles out of me.

It's really a dick move by NBC though. Leno should be big enough to take a stand.

Jimmy Kimmel has been great throughout this whole thing though. Apparently he did an entire show in character as Jay Leno. I saw an interview he did on The Jay Leno show and he ripped into Jay the whole time.
- Meatball
I thought it was brilliant when Conan decided to put The Tonight Show for sale on Craigslist.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 549 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1587 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2035 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  It' s never too late to start onlinebiker 2 398 October 18, 2021 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Spooky
  For the scond night in a row...... Brian37 9 682 May 2, 2021 at 6:47 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Did anyone else attend HumanLight zoom meeting last night? Apollo 8 1040 December 25, 2020 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Apollo
  Mid-late 2000's internet was the best time for the web. Mechaghostman2 6 798 June 14, 2020 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  sorry for the late notice Drich 26 1810 May 12, 2019 at 2:35 am
Last Post: WolfsChild
  Hanging out at a friends house last night. Brian37 45 4541 November 26, 2018 at 9:44 am
Last Post: Cod
  Refreshing while AF sleeps at night J a c k 50 6222 July 20, 2017 at 4:40 am
Last Post: Ben Davis