Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 5:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How christianity works in the real world!
How christianity works in the real world!
In a old thread quite some time ago I posted about a couple of friends that I had growing up in a Southern Baptist church. The two kids were a young boy, a couple of years younger than me and an older girl, about a year older than me. The family were close friends of my parents and were really tight in the church. Both the dad and my father were ordained in that church. When the kids got to high school age, the older sister Debbie, came out of the closet to her parents and the parents lit a shitstorm on her. The younger brother, Danny, who adored his sister, tried to intervene but was unsuccessful. He grabbed a gas can out of the garage and immolated himself in the front yard in an effort to stop their attacks on his sister.

So having been though that, I was infuriated with a recent video I've seen on youtube of a boy coming out to his "christian" parents. Again I can clearly see the pure evil the lie of christianity makes of people.
Watch this and tell me if you agree.

Find the cure for Fundementia!
RE: How christianity works in the real world!
There is already a thread about that video. I'm not sure why anyone would want to set themself on fire to stop someone from attacking their sibling, instead of maybe calling the police and grabbing something heavy.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

RE: How christianity works in the real world!
(September 7, 2014 at 2:57 pm)Chad32 Wrote: There is already a thread about that video. I'm not sure why anyone would want to set themself on fire to stop someone from attacking their sibling, instead of maybe calling the police and grabbing something heavy.

I think that speaks to the level of desperation you can feel when surrounded by a cult.

I'm having a hard time coming up with something useful to say for this video as the line between right and wrong is so obvious. Also, Chad says this was already discussed. So as pointless as this is, I just feel the need to express my disgust for these people. That's all. I'm enraged. I used to hold the position that even though I don't believe, it's ok for others to believe. I changed my mind some time back when my grandparents took my daughter to church camp. This put the issue squarely on my door step.

This video has strengthened my resolve that this bullshit needs to stop being taught. I don't care what my daughter identifies as, she will always be loved. There's not a book or an idea that will ever change that. The idea that this isn't true for every person is unbelievable.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 6819 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Faith and Works Mudhammam 25 4288 September 7, 2014 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity themonkeyman 12 8513 December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Moderate Christianity - Even More Illogical Than Fundamentalist Christianity? Xavier 22 18329 November 23, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  How Free Will and Omniscience Works idunno 119 41680 September 10, 2012 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Angrboda