Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!
Lightbulb 
Hello!
I love that music note icon. All of my threads from now on are gonna have a music note icon, it is the "Gracie was here" symbol. Tongue

ANyway, my name is Grace, or Gracie. You can call me either name. I joined a few days ago, but I wasn't comfortable introducing myself until I had lurked for a while. Shy

I sing, in case you didn't guess... I LOVE music of any kind, I even compose it. My favorite instruments are my flute and my voice. Organ is fun but I can't make it sound good yet.

I'm sure you're all suspicious of Christians who join this forum... I would be too. I am a Christian (lol if any of you really want evangelized, just tell me and I'll work on it) but I don't plan on talking about my faith on here. I joined this forum because I enjoy hanging out with Atheists. They often have a more relaxed attitude than many Christians and are less likely to dominate the conversation with theological matters. I love my Christian friends dearly but some of them have been jerks lately Banging Head On Desk I have also found that some Christians don't duly appreciate my sense of humor. Sucks for them.

I am also joining because I LOVE the smilies on this forum lol. Honestly, the technology on this forum is much cooler than any of the forums I've posted in previously. Smile Congrats to the people who put this together!

I am 17 (for another week) and have already started my Freshman year of college. I plan to major in math, but there's a chance I'll change that to physics. I LOVE science. I hope I'm not the only person here who drinks a 2.4 X 10^-1 litre of coffee every morning...

Politically, I am very Libertarian. I have some very conservative and some very liberal leanings, but the underlying principle is that it is none of the damned government's business what I (or you) do and say.

I live in the southern US, on the edge between the Bible belt and the Mexico belt. I am highly allergic to eggs and mildly allergic to milk and wheat.

I look forward to my time on this forum, especially my time in the science, politics, and humor sections.

Grace
RE: Hello!
(September 8, 2014 at 2:53 pm)graciesings Wrote: I love that music note icon. All of my threads from now on are gonna have a music note icon, it is the "Gracie was here" symbol. Tongue

ANyway, my name is Grace, or Gracie. You can call me either name. I joined a few days ago, but I wasn't comfortable introducing myself until I had lurked for a while. Shy

I sing, in case you didn't guess... I LOVE music of any kind, I even compose it. My favorite instruments are my flute and my voice. Organ is fun but I can't make it sound good yet.

I'm sure you're all suspicious of Christians who join this forum... I would be too. I am a Christian (lol if any of you really want evangelized, just tell me and I'll work on it) but I don't plan on talking about my faith on here. I joined this forum because I enjoy hanging out with Atheists. They often have a more relaxed attitude than many Christians and are less likely to dominate the conversation with theological matters. I love my Christian friends dearly but some of them have been jerks lately Banging Head On Desk I have also found that some Christians don't duly appreciate my sense of humor. Sucks for them.

I am also joining because I LOVE the smilies on this forum lol. Honestly, the technology on this forum is much cooler than any of the forums I've posted in previously. Smile Congrats to the people who put this together!

I am 17 (for another week) and have already started my Freshman year of college. I plan to major in math, but there's a chance I'll change that to physics. I LOVE science. I hope I'm not the only person here who drinks a 2.4 X 10^-1 litre of coffee every morning...

Politically, I am very Libertarian. I have some very conservative and some very liberal leanings, but the underlying principle is that it is none of the damned government's business what I (or you) do and say.

I live in the southern US, on the edge between the Bible belt and the Mexico belt. I am highly allergic to eggs and mildly allergic to milk and wheat.

I look forward to my time on this forum, especially my time in the science, politics, and humor sections.

Grace

Welcome!
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Welcome.

Always glad to meet someone with an open mind.
Dying to live, living to die.
Hello Grace and welcome to a hive buzzing with atheist fiends.

You've come to the right place. Or a very, very wrong, bad, bad place.

Beware though, some are more fiendish than others. Like Beccs. Wink
Welcome

Welcome to the forum. It's a pity you don't want to tell us what you believe in, it would help us to understand you better.

Libertarian eh? That's rare too.

Diablo
Welcome home kid Wink
Hey now, I'm a libertarian too, just with a lower case "l".

No need to get all fancy about it.
(September 8, 2014 at 3:09 pm)JesusHChrist Wrote: Hey now, I'm a libertarian too, just with a lower case "l".

No need to get all fancy about it.

I had some good discussions with Libertarians on another US forum. The scariest one was ex-military with an M1A and 2000 rounds of ammo. He carried a 'go-bag' in his car with a week's food in it. Another was plain nuts. Other than that they were good people.
(September 8, 2014 at 2:53 pm)graciesings Wrote: My favorite instruments are my flute and my voice.
Only a singer refers to their voice as an instrument. I sing too Big Grin
(September 8, 2014 at 2:53 pm)graciesings Wrote: I have also found that some Christians don't duly appreciate my sense of humor. Sucks for them.
Some people take life too seriously, theists and atheists alike. Sucks for them indeed. Tongue

Welcome
Hello there, Welcome fellow Christian
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 6014 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3649 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates