Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 1, 2024, 9:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obviously unfair
Obviously unfair
Let's go back 2000 years ago before we go back to today

We know that Jesus died to the sin of humanity at about 33 AD. So, what would happend to all the people who died after that date before they heard of Jesus. I am talking about everyone in the world who realistically couldn't even think Jews existed, like asian, and amerindians and even subsaharian africans. Well we have two possibilities

Either they would not be judged because God is fair.
Either they would be judged, because God doesn't change his rules of any reasons.

But now we're back at 2014.

We know that if christianity is true, our talk is bullshit and we'll actually burn in hell according to the scriptures.

But let's consider the possibilites we have.

Now most people in the worldn except some really really under-developped country have an idea of Jesus.

So, if they don't recieve Jesus, it would "sound" fair if they're punished.

But what about people who reject Christ, like Christians reject any other religion than christianity. Both believe genuinely they're right. How can it be fair if we go to hell just because Jesus didn't mean anything to us, although we heard about him ?
RE: Obviously unfair
What about the other 200,000 plus years of humanity? Are Neanderthals in hell? Or just nowhere? What about the whole line of hominids? Are our ancestors (Australopiths, Ardipiths, etc.) who lived long before even the animistic religions forgotten by Jesus? Keep going into the animal kingdom. Why are animals left out? How about anything biological? These things are all alive but only a certain intelligent (I didn't say smart) group of people born within the last 6000 years, in certain parts of the world, who then follow the creed get accepted into heaven. Seems like a narrow minded god when you put it that way.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
They are judged on the basis of the amount of "light" they had / have, verses what they do with it.
They aren't judged at all.

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(September 8, 2014 at 4:22 pm)professor Wrote: They are judged on the basis of the amount of "light" they had / have, verses what they do with it.
(September 8, 2014 at 4:47 pm)Exian Wrote: They aren't judged at all.
[Image: 4grandes.gif]
I'm watching you.
Ahhhh! Forgive me!

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Shaman, you scared the poor guy shitless! ROFLOL

Go back to eating popcorn Tongue
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
Quote:We know that Jesus died to the sin of humanity at about 33 AD.

No. We do not.
(September 8, 2014 at 5:48 pm)oukoida Wrote: Shaman, you scared the poor guy shitless!
Discernment is a bitch.
Roman historian Tacitus reported that Pontius Pilate did execute a Hebrew that people supposedly know today as 'Jesus', and that in the years after that, this dead man 'developed' a "following".

That said, the OP seems to be tossing out Pascal's Wager. My answer to that is the Roulette Wheel.

Every number on the wheel can represent a religion; "00" can represent atheism, and "0" can represent an 'unknown deity', one no one has considered, but (from the agnostic POV) MIGHT exist.

Spin the wheel; you have an equal chance of landing on the right one. It's also equally impossible to guess ahead of time which one that will be.
Wink Shades"I THINK, therefore I am DANGEROUS..." Wink Shades

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A World Made For Believers, Obviously By The Divine LivingNumbers6.626 17 3511 April 26, 2015 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: Razzle
  And Obviously, this leaves out the US of A! Minimalist 4 1440 September 19, 2013 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Jackalope