Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
It's not delivery, it's insensitive.
It's not delivery, it's insensitive.
Twitter is a place for complex debates about important topics. It's also a place for brands to shamelessly self-promote. On Monday, these two functions collided in a terrible way.

DiGiorno Pizza, in a bafflingly tone-deaf tweet, used the hashtag "#WhyIStayed" to suggest that you might "stay" somewhere for pizza. Carelessly, it didn't notice that the hashtag is currently being used for people to hold a conversation about domestic violence and share stories of surviving abuse, in the wake of a new video showing NFL star Ray Rice's vicious attack on his then-fiancee Janay Palmer.

The social-media team at DiGiorno apparently saw #WhyIStayed trending and figured it would be a good time to plug for frozen pizza, without checking the hashtag's meaning. Whoops.

Read more here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/09...90504.html
Luke: You don't believe in the Force, do you?

Han Solo: Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.
RE: It's not delivery, it's insensitive.
Oops.

This is why the first unwritten rule of posting is to lurk first.
Kudos for the thread name. Big Grin
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(September 9, 2014 at 4:19 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Oops.

This is why the first unwritten rule of posting is to lurk first.

These guys probably are still figuring out what a Twitter does.
Luke: You don't believe in the Force, do you?

Han Solo: Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  30 injured, 3 dead in delivery van attack in Germany Joods 31 2734 April 9, 2018 at 1:30 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  So Because Trumps A Insensitive Dick Americans Have To Suffer Amarok 9 2536 September 13, 2017 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Minimalist