Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 4:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harry Potter and the Asshole
Harry Potter and the Asshole
I just saw this story on @Midnight. A women is rewriting the Harry Potter books to add biblical elements.

http://aattp.org/conservative-christian-...o-witches/

Quote:My little ones have been asking to read the Harry Potter books; and of course I’m happy for them to be reading; but I don’t want them turning into witches!

What an asshole.
RE: Harry Potter and the Asshole
Oh yeah. Esq posted about this somewhere else on the forum. I read the whole thing. She's doing a horrible disservice to her children and to her fellow Christians. Did she even read the books? I don't think she did...
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(September 26, 2014 at 12:19 am)Exian Wrote: I just saw this story on @Midnight. A women is rewriting the Harry Potter books to add biblical elements.

http://aattp.org/conservative-christian-...o-witches/

Quote:My little ones have been asking to read the Harry Potter books; and of course I’m happy for them to be reading; but I don’t want them turning into witches!

Lol, and she thinks adding biblical elements is going to improve the situation??? ROFLOL
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Perhaps Jesus should whisper in her ear that Ms. Rowling knows a lawyer or six...

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
How sad that Harry Potter, as written, is taboo for her children. What does that say about their faith? Swayed by J.K. Rowling...I see homeschooling in these children's future.
WTF is wrong with you, America? I mean, Italy is the Vatican's lackey, but seriously the most we get are pro-lifers and homophobes... I hate to admit it, but we're lucky to have so many Catholics. At least they are rational (well, to an extent).
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
(September 26, 2014 at 3:56 am)oukoida Wrote: I hate to admit it, but we're lucky to have so many Catholics. At least they are rational (well, to an extent).

Hobson's choice

*bites tongue* lol Big Grin
Rewrite harry potter? I kind of am interested what she will change in a book that is entirely about stuff completely rejected by the bible? Maybe Voldemort is the devil and harry is the son of Michael or Gabriel, but what about Dumbledore? Is there a bearded character like that in the Bible? Hmm, maybe he becomes Moses...
(September 26, 2014 at 4:16 am)fr0d0 Wrote:
(September 26, 2014 at 3:56 am)oukoida Wrote: I hate to admit it, but we're lucky to have so many Catholics. At least they are rational (well, to an extent).

Hobson's choice

*bites tongue* lol Big Grin

We're lucky *compared to the US* Tongue
The Catholic church costs around 6 billion Euros to Italian taxpayers, so it's pretty shitty anyways... Especially in times like these.
At least we don't get the fundies!

inb4 child molesters
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
(September 26, 2014 at 3:39 am)rexbeccarox Wrote: Oh yeah. Esq posted about this somewhere else on the forum. I read the whole thing. She's doing a horrible disservice to her children and to her fellow Christians. Did she even read the books? I don't think she did...

Oh, damn. I should've used the search. @Midnight is usually pretty current so I thought it was some new info. Sorry, errbody.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Europeans already think about Harry Potter, not about god Interaktive 11 1082 January 1, 2023 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  IQ harry potter and frodo bagging Interaktive 12 1266 April 15, 2022 at 7:58 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr