Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone got explanations for these?
Anyone got explanations for these?
These are things I've noticed when I've had too much time on my hands and I wondered if there's a scientific explanation for them.

When I look really really closely at something with little shiny parts in, for example a pillow with glitter or maybe a bottle with a shiny bit of reflection on it, if I wince my eyes I can see my eyelashes really close up, like microscopically close up.

Another thing is when I look at a straight line I can get my eyes to sort of glide along the line if I go from left to right, but my eyes won't glide smoothly along the line from right to left.

2 more that are just a bit vague, when I orgasm I get a tingling sensation in my jaw.
When I eat apples and bite into them I get this feeling like a inner killer instinct, like I imagine a carnivore feels when it bites into its prey. I don't get this when I eat chicken or anything though.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Anyone got explanations for these?
(October 10, 2014 at 12:26 am)paulpablo Wrote: These are things I've noticed when I've had too much time on my hands and I wondered if there's a scientific explanation for them.

When I look really really closely at something with little shiny parts in, for example a pillow with glitter or maybe a bottle with a shiny bit of reflection on it, if I wince my eyes I can see my eyelashes really close up, like microscopically close up.
Lens effect.

Quote:Another thing is when I look at a straight line I can get my eyes to sort of glide along the line if I go from left to right, but my eyes won't glide smoothly along the line from right to left.
Don't know. I can't reproduce this effect.

Quote:2 more that are just a bit vague, when I orgasm I get a tingling sensation in my jaw.
This might be related to the body parts mapping in the brain, or you might have a light version of coital cephalgia.

Quote:When I eat apples and bite into them I get this feeling like a inner killer instinct, like I imagine a carnivore feels when it bites into its prey. I don't get this when I eat chicken or anything though.

I get that feeling when I eat ribs. However, I don't know where it comes from. I assumed it's a part from our evolutionary history.

But apples ... no clue.
(October 10, 2014 at 12:26 am)paulpablo Wrote: When I eat apples and bite into them I get this feeling like a inner killer instinct, like I imagine a carnivore feels when it bites into its prey. I don't get this when I eat chicken or anything though.

I used to pretend broccoli were little trees when I was a child, and that I was a giant.

Now I'm all growed up, and I don't like broccoli anymore. So I pretend I'm an Ent tree herder from lord of the rings and move them to the side of my plate.
Coital cephalgia??? Come on, you just made that up!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(October 10, 2014 at 12:58 am)ForumMember77 Wrote:
(October 10, 2014 at 12:26 am)paulpablo Wrote: When I eat apples and bite into them I get this feeling like a inner killer instinct, like I imagine a carnivore feels when it bites into its prey. I don't get this when I eat chicken or anything though.

I used to pretend broccoli were little trees when I was a child, and that I was a giant.

Now I'm all growed up, and I don't like broccoli anymore. So I pretend I'm an Ent tree herder from lord of the rings and move them to the side of my plate.

I used to pretend that spaghetti was like a fishing line and I was a giant shark surprising fishermen and destroying the fishing line.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

The only explanation I can offer for these (especially the apple thing) is that you're teetotal fucknuts crazy. Not to worry, though - most of us are.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 10, 2014 at 12:26 am)paulpablo Wrote: When I eat apples and bite into them I get this feeling like a inner killer instinct, like I imagine a carnivore feels when it bites into its prey.

I am not an expert of course, and one shouldn't do armchair diagnoses, but maybe you should go get yourself checked whether maybe deep down you're evil. Many people live their entire lives and never find out...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Teetotal fucknuts crazy?
(October 10, 2014 at 12:58 am)ForumMember77 Wrote:

ROFLOL
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(October 10, 2014 at 2:44 am)Alex K Wrote: Coital cephalgia??? Come on, you just made that up!

http://www.livescience.com/25629-coital-...dache.html