Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear American College students: Go to Germany
Dear American College students: Go to Germany
Yep. Everyone know how college students here in the US are going into massive debt to pay for their education? It looks like, once again, Europe is far more progressive than us. American college students can get a tuition free education in Germany.

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/2014/10/0.../16658027/

Now I'm just waiting for another 20 or 30 years when Germany, England and France are all far ahead of America in countless fields and we're left wondering why. That's what's going to happen when you don't invest money into the schools that are educating your future leaders.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
RE: Dear American College students: Go to Germany
Unfortunately of the top 20 universities in the world, 18 are still in the US.

The US primary and secondary education system may be shit, but our gradulate programs are still by far the best in the world, and other country's free education system often serves as subsidies for the US because the product of their education tax dollars serve to produce well trained students who than come to the US for graduate school and then stay here.

Perhaps in the future the US would consist of two classes. Down trodden native populations failed by the domestic primary and secondary education system doom to a life of burger flipping and walmart shelf stocking, ruled over by a technocratic elite born in other countries and benefiting from other countrie's education systems, who then come here to get their masters and PhDs to rule over the natives.
We don't need to fancy edumacation. All we need is the Word of Gawd! Pray the demons of thinking and questioning away!
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(October 10, 2014 at 1:32 pm)Chuck Wrote: Unfortunately of the top 20 universities in the world, 18 are still in the US.

There may be a difference in the quality of the educations, true, but I see and hear all these stories about people who are tens of thousands of dollars in debt from school loans. A few years work experience under your belt would usually make up for a less prestigous college and the difference for those first few years certainly wouldn't make up for the $75,000 difference in what it costs to go to college.

As it is now, our people simply don't have the money to do college and I really hate that we're in a position where people have to think about whether an education is worth what it would cost them. This is an investment into the future doctors and lawyers and engineers of our nation and we simply aren't making it. We're going to suffer for this, it's just a question of when and what we're goin to do about it.... and will we have the option to do anything about it, or will we decline so much that our fate will simply be left to the whim of whoever is in charge of us?

And I certainly don't think every college needs to be free or anything like that. We still need colleges that are in the upper echelon, but, damn, can't we have a few options for lower income people other than eternal burger flipping or massive college debt?
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
Quote:Now I'm just waiting for another 20 or 30 years when Germany, England and France are all far ahead of America in countless fields and we're left wondering why.

But we'll have fucking jesus and they won't.
(October 10, 2014 at 4:08 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Now I'm just waiting for another 20 or 30 years when Germany, England and France are all far ahead of America in countless fields and we're left wondering why.

But we'll have fucking jesus and they won't.

We are doomed.
I got an all around free education in Germany up to my phd, but also a diploma and masters degree in the US in a rather famous institute. In my american graduate school, most of the top students were from russia, eastern europe in general (e.g. poland, romania, croatia), the netherlands, israel, germany. The best american students were from new yorker jewish families. 80% of professors were from russia, germany, the netherlands, china. The US may still have a handful of top universities, and there is no reason for envy (I'm also a product of that system after all, not ivy league though) but the personell is recruited from elsewhere. It's not a healthy state the system's in.
The US doesn't effectively train their scientific and technology elite, and I'm not sure why. My High school education was more than decent (and in texas no less), but I was told it was one of the better or the best school in the city academically. Admittedly, my AP physics teacher had some embarassing holes in his knowledge because he was a former petroleum engineer, but he managed to put on a halfway decent science curriculum.
My maths teacher was superb.

But, yes, Americans, come to Germany. Go to Munich or Heidelberg, you dont need to go broke, have a top education and a nice scenery Smile

While the German system is classist in its own way, the US system of tuitions is just absurd.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

My education (Queen's University, Belfast) was essentially free. The post-graduate work I did (Trinity College, Dublin) was nightmarishly pricey - one of several reasons I never completed.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 10, 2014 at 6:12 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: My education (Queen's University, Belfast) was essentially free. The post-graduate work I did (Trinity College, Dublin) was nightmarishly pricey - one of several reasons I never completed.

Boru

I... Kinda got paid for the post grad work. What's up with ireland?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(October 10, 2014 at 1:32 pm)Chuck Wrote: Unfortunately of the top 20 universities in the world, 18 are still in the US.

According to this site there are only 11 American universities in the top 20, and 3 of the top 5 are British.

http://www.topuniversities.com/universit...lse+search=

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Foxaèr 11 1385 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why do we hate the American military institution? WinterHold 16 823 November 23, 2021 at 1:40 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1322 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1598 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  American imagery from movies from 90s and 80s Sweden83 8 1536 December 5, 2020 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Petition to abolish the Electoral College Foxaèr 44 1537 October 19, 2020 at 11:41 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Electoral College DeistPaladin 43 2739 September 21, 2020 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Police in USA arent racist, its just American culture is all Ramus932 10 762 June 14, 2020 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Zepp
  Mob Mentality and Electoral College eliwhitneyIII 8 605 May 11, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  "The American Dream" is just a myth we tell ourselves Foxaèr 45 3642 April 20, 2019 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath