Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's finally here!
It's finally here!
This is the moon landing of our generation.

god is supposed to be imaginary
RE: It's finally here!
Quote:the moon landing of our generation.

Your generation needs to think bigger.
Thanks, man... but I'm waiting for stable multidimensional wormholes, spaceships, and good old basic FTL drives.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Am I the only one thinking about the hilarious YouTube videos to be had of people injuring themselves on this...............
(October 28, 2014 at 2:37 am)Alice Wrote: Thanks, man... but I'm waiting for stable multidimensional wormholes, spaceships, and good old basic FTL drives.

Theoretically the technology to build a interstellar craft could probably be built now. You cpuild use a a ion drive for acceleration and as you could maintain acceleration at about 1g for a around a year you achieve just under light speed.

(October 28, 2014 at 2:43 am)ForumMember77 Wrote: Am I the only one thinking about the hilarious YouTube videos to be had of people injuring themselves on this...............

Nope
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Instead of hoverboards, I am thinking this technology would be more useful in creating those superfast railways and bullet-trains seeing as it requires a metal road way to function.

Personally I am not too intrigued because unlike a skateboard, I can't use this to get to work unless they decide to give the entire road a metal coating.

I am a bit more interested in NASAs theoritical warp-drive thingy that they are working on, and of course googles quantum computer.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(October 28, 2014 at 3:14 am)Aoi Magi Wrote: Instead of hoverboards, I am thinking this technology would be more useful in creating those superfast railways and bullet-trains seeing as it requires a metal road way to function.

Personally I am not too intrigued because unlike a skateboard, I can't use this to get to work unless they decide to give the entire road a metal coating.

I am a bit more interested in NASAs theoritical warp-drive thingy that they are working on, and of course googles quantum computer.

Alcabierre Project?
Its a workable idea, with some major drawbacks.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(October 28, 2014 at 3:57 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote:
(October 28, 2014 at 3:14 am)Aoi Magi Wrote: Instead of hoverboards, I am thinking this technology would be more useful in creating those superfast railways and bullet-trains seeing as it requires a metal road way to function.

Alcabierre Project?
Its a workable idea, with some major drawbacks.
Alcubierre Project Angel

And yeh, it is in the early "speculation stage", but it is a lot more interesting to see work on this, because if the expected end result can be achieved, that would be the entry-point in actual future-age.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Sooner have the DeLorean.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
[Image: 55710791.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thank god, I finished this MVC project finally ! WinterHold 6 1187 April 4, 2015 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Finally Starting to Break Down... Rev. Rye 16 3668 August 18, 2013 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye