Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypothetical fights
Hypothetical fights
Ok I just want to start a thread to discuss hypothetical fights against any animals/ groups of animals/people/groups of people, fact or fictional, dead or alive.

Just a few to start off with that I think would be interesting match ups.

Mike Tyson in his prime vs Shaquille O Neal in his prime, It's a street fight, it may seem like Mike Tyson would definitely win because of experience in fighting, but Shaq is a pro athlete and is about a foot taller than Tyson.

Do you think you could win a fight against three trained american pit bulls?

And third, an aggressive adult male lion vs any four UFC heavy weight champions?

One more, this is a bit stranger but along the same lines, you vs everyone in the town you live in, all of a sudden every human in the town you live in has a mission to kill you regardless of the cost or risk. Could you survive using your wits to make it to outside of the town to warn other people of this sudden supernatural event?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Hypothetical fights
Personally, I've always wanted to see a fight to the death between Sherlock Holmes and a three-toed sloth. Failing that, a cage-type match pitting a moderately dim-witted hedgehog against a colony of cherrystone clams armed with putty knives.

This is a seriously stupid topic.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 29, 2014 at 7:50 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: This is a seriously stupid topic.

Boru

Aww is it? I was totally gonna answer but not if I'm gonna be judged. Guess I'll go fly a kite or kick rocks.
(October 29, 2014 at 7:38 pm)paulpablo Wrote: Ok I just want to start a thread to discuss hypothetical fights against any animals/ groups of animals/people/groups of people, fact or fictional, dead or alive.

Just a few to start off with that I think would be interesting match ups.

Mike Tyson in his prime vs Shaquille O Neal in his prime, It's a street fight, it may seem like Mike Tyson would definitely win because of experience in fighting, but Shaq is a pro athlete and is about a foot taller than Tyson.

Do you think you could win a fight against three trained american pit bulls?

And third, an aggressive adult male lion vs any four UFC heavy weight champions?

One more, this is a bit stranger but along the same lines, you vs everyone in the town you live in, all of a sudden every human in the town you live in has a mission to kill you regardless of the cost or risk. Could you survive using your wits to make it to outside of the town to warn other people of this sudden supernatural event?
1. Mike Tyson.
2. No way, especially if I had no weapons. Could possibly beat one by strangling it or something, but 3 would be impossible.
3. I would say the lion, but it might be possible for the UFC fighter to win if he got lucky.
4. The place I live in has 400,000 inhabitants... so no.
[Image: thfrog.gif]

1. Mike Tyson or Shaq? I don't know... that's a tough one. If I have to choose... well, Shaq. He's younger and bigger.

2. Me against three pits? Hahahahahahaha! No.

3. Lion and three UFC dudes? I think the UFC dudes would win, and only one or two would die or be seriously maimed.

4. I don't know about convincing other people, but I think I could be pretty slick about getting out of town and away from the situation without having to hurt anyone.
Dumbledore against Gandalf. Sauron against Voldemort?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(October 30, 2014 at 2:39 am)Exian Wrote:
(October 29, 2014 at 7:50 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: This is a seriously stupid topic.

Boru

Aww is it? I was totally gonna answer but not if I'm gonna be judged. Guess I'll go fly a kite or kick rocks.

Oh, go ahead and answer. I said the topic was stupid, not the contributors. If I refrained from posting to every stupid thread here, it would probably double my effective lifetime.

Boru

(October 30, 2014 at 3:05 am)Alex K Wrote: Dumbledore against Gandalf. Sauron against Voldemort?

Gandalf and Sauron, being demigods (or at the very least, angelic beings) win in a walk.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 29, 2014 at 7:38 pm)paulpablo Wrote: One more, this is a bit stranger but along the same lines, you vs everyone in the town you live in, all of a sudden every human in the town you live in has a mission to kill you regardless of the cost or risk. Could you survive using your wits to make it to outside of the town to warn other people of this sudden supernatural event?

I live in NYC so I'm pretty much fucked on this one. My only hope would be to make it to the water, steal a boat and haul ass.
1. Tyson, because he is a trained fighter.
2. What am I armed with? Nothing. Then maybe, but I'd have to break their necks.
3. 4 ufc fighters you say? At least 1-2 is gonna die, but the the fighters. Provided they can find something to use as a weapon.
4. If I hit the trails near my house I can be in the wind in less then a hour.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(October 30, 2014 at 7:39 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: 1. Tyson, because he is a trained fighter.
2. What am I armed with? Nothing. Then maybe, but I'd have to break their necks.
3. 4 ufc fighters you say? At least 1-2 is gonna die, but the the fighters. Provided they can find something to use as a weapon.
4. If I hit the trails near my house I can be in the wind in less then a hour.

1) Tyson

2) If I was naked then the dogs probably win, if I have a good pair of shoes and maybe some gloves then I might win.

3) I think the lion would rip them apart, although one of them might get lucky and be able to gouge its eyes but I doubt it.

4) I'd die, the houses around me are too closely grouped together and I'd be trapped too easily. I'm buying a car soon which would probably enable my escape but without that I'd be dead.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hypothetical #3 -Star Trek transporter ignoramus 43 3325 March 30, 2018 at 3:11 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hypothetical: Four babies... The Valkyrie 24 2162 January 12, 2018 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Hypothetical Q's about psychotic beliefs and antipsychotics Alexmahone 39 3501 January 12, 2018 at 7:52 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
Shocked Killing the Hypothetical Cinjin 44 5527 April 21, 2015 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Chad32