Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prairie dogs chat
Prairie dogs chat
I knew the rodents were 'social' animals but we've underestimated these little guys! Apparently prairie dogs have an advanced language all of their own, to the point where they can tell humans wearing different coloured shirts apart:

Burrowing US prairie dogs use complex language

Only question is, can they adapt as human civilization expands?
RE: Prairie dogs chat
i saw a documentry about this, they have to be taught all the different sounds by thier parents or something
Vampires will never hurt you.......Devil
RE: Prairie dogs chat
Yeah, they are smart. I saw a vacant lot that had been filled with traps to remove them (the cage type that close when the animal steps in) and there were about 10 of them I could see in the field, and most of them were loungeing on top of the cages but no cages were filled.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's wrong with Japanese Dogs? purplepurpose 14 1295 July 29, 2018 at 9:30 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  Dogs Twice Domesticated Minimalist 11 1125 June 5, 2016 at 11:38 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Dogs are people too? popeyespappy 18 3492 October 28, 2013 at 4:06 am
Last Post: Fruity
  Pet dogs keep their feet from freezing frankiej 5 1995 January 12, 2012 at 11:56 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah