Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 3:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you solve a problem like Mabus?
How do you solve a problem like Mabus?
I was on the forums last night. As it turned out, a forumer named atheisttech had posted a new thread, and I discovered that it was, in fact, some joker named David Mabus, and looking at the hall of shame, I realized that he seems to have made several accounts on the forums. What I want to know is how does he manage to keep making accounts? Does he keep changing IP Addresses, making an IP Ban impossible?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
RE: How do you solve a problem like Mabus?
If he has a wireless 802.11g router he might just have a generic IP, or his ISP might assign him a new IP every time he connects to the i-net. These disturbed people with nothing better to do with their apparently worthless time are quite amusing though, like giving a chinpanzee some kind of puzzle to solve.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

RE: How do you solve a problem like Mabus?
I think he has about 30 banned accounts here. He's an infestation on every atheist website, whether it's a blog, forum, or just some general commenting area. He seems to have a dynamic IP, so banning him isn't easy. I'm against putting IP bans in place due to the dynamic nature of a lot of ISPs.

He used to attack these forums every couple of days, but since we installed the "Stop Forum Spam" plugin he's been stopped from registering on most occasions. The only thing we can realistically do with him is spot his post and then delete it and ban him. If people report the post for us, it will make the process easier. Don't reply to it, since your post will be deleted anyway once we ban him.