Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heyo!
Heyo!
Heyo! I'm 14 years old and a freethinker (I'm a rare breed in this generation unfortunately) and I don't have to many people to discuss my beliefs with. Then I found this website and thought that I could fit in pretty well, so I immediately signed up. Like I said, I'm 14, and I am also a freshman in high school in the "deep south," so things tend to get... Interesting. I don't want to say that I am necessarily hated, but I know people heavily dislike me for my beliefs. I come from a VERY religious family, with my mother's side heavily Catholic and my father's side heavily baptist. Most of my father's side doesn't communicate with us anymore, and it's because of my beliefs. But enough with my irrational family members. I love music and making music, and I play in my High Schools marching band as a Percussionist, and it is one of my greatest passions. I do hope to get to know everyone a little better, and FINALLY be able to have some conversations with rational thought involved. Thanks for reading, and I'll see everyone around!
RE: Heyo!
Welcome Young lad! (or lass)

Good to see you've embraced the dark side!

Join in on the discussions, can't wait to hear your opinions.

Also, Adolescent. Tongue
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(November 20, 2014 at 12:02 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Welcome Young lad! (or lass)

Good to see you've embraced the dark side!

Join in on the discussions, can't wait to hear your opinions.

Also, Adolescent. Tongue

It's lad. XD
Sorry, I probably should have addressed my gender.
"If you wish to bake an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe" -Carl Sagan
I have socks older than you but that's okay. Welcome aboard, Lad.
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Welcome
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Hey, Welcome!

I went to school a bit in the USian south around the time before you were in the making (class of '98), and I mostly hung with the marching band crowd, which almost entirely included the nerd crowd back then. So I can relate a bit. But wow, atheist, and half catholic - in the south, that's two strikes against you Big Grin
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Welcome aboard, logical.
Enjoy your time around here!
(November 20, 2014 at 12:02 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Also, Adolescent. Tongue
That's what I was thinking.
But welcome anyway.
[Image: thfrog.gif]

(November 20, 2014 at 3:58 am)Alex K Wrote: Hey, Welcome!

I went to school a bit in the USian south around the time before you were in the making (class of '98), and I mostly hung with the marching band crowd, which almost entirely included the nerd crowd back then. So I can relate a bit. But wow, atheist, and half catholic - in the south, that's two strikes against you Big Grin

And I like REALLY heavy metal, so strike 3? XD
It's very nice to meet you Smile

(November 20, 2014 at 7:28 am)Sejanus Wrote:
(November 20, 2014 at 12:02 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Also, Adolescent. Tongue
That's what I was thinking.
But welcome anyway.

Sorry, I had a spelling error in the making of my account Tongue

(November 20, 2014 at 12:55 am)Minimalist Wrote: I have socks older than you but that's okay. Welcome aboard, Lad.

Thank you good sir. I'm already spending half of my time here.
"If you wish to bake an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe" -Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Heyo, DVN here! DaVinciNinja 17 2084 November 11, 2013 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: Ben Davis
  Heyo! MrIGJames 9 2191 April 17, 2012 at 11:43 am
Last Post: fuckass365