Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EVILution?
EVILution?
So there is a biology teacher at my school who is pretty religious. So naturally, something heated about evolution was going to come up eventually, right? Well, one of my friends who is in that teacher's class said that the teacher called it "EVILution" and told everyone he did not believe it at all. Should choosing biology teachers become a more "selective" choosing? Because if the teachers themselves are illiterate on a huge topic in their subject, they most likely are not fit to be that kind of teacher.
"If you wish to bake an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe" -Carl Sagan
RE: EVILution?
(November 20, 2014 at 9:15 am)Logical Adolecent Wrote: So there is a biology teacher at my school who is pretty religious. So naturally, something heated about evolution was going to come up eventually, right? Well, one of my friends who is in that teacher's class said that the teacher called it "EVILution" and told everyone he did not believe it at all.

That's not a heated discussion, such incompetence is just a disgrace for your school district. Too bad he isn't breaking any laws with that moronic statement afaik.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Where do you live? What is your schools district's policy regarding a teacher expressing religious views in the classroom?

Perhaps if you put this information into the right channels, the teacher will be counseled to act more appropriately in the classroom.

Probably on his way to school now... Smile
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Every once in a while you hear of a breakaway from brainwashing.
Just as chickens will peck at a spot on another chicken until blood flows and they kill the single bird-
anyone who declares the emperor is naked is attacked.
See, maybe you guys did come from birds.
I didn't.
(November 20, 2014 at 10:21 am)professor Wrote: Every once in a while you hear of a breakaway from brainwashing.
Just as chickens will peck at a spot on another chicken until blood flows and they kill the single bird-
I didn't.

Dude, you become more dada-istic and bizarre every day. Are you on drugs or something? Once could almost worry.

And no, humans do not come from birds.

Full thrice will the mobled queen, her heart laid asunder
cry out to her tormentor "cease, no more I beg of thee!"
yet still her woeful entreaties fall upon unheeding ears.
For in truth, who among this unhappy band,
our wretched faces downcast for fear of censure,
may proclaim vicissitudinous ambition
and say her nay?
Not I, friend; not I.
The swallow may fly south with the sun
or the house martin or the plover
may seek warmer climes in winter,
yet these are not strangers to our land.
Beware the wall-eyed man
and falling labradors.
Lucky colour: puce.

See, I can bafflegab too.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Stimbo, that's beautiful! What's that, a post-Shakespearean pastiche?

(November 20, 2014 at 10:21 am)professor Wrote: Every once in a while you hear of a breakaway from brainwashing.
I didn't.

Of course not. Birds are very intelligent.

But learn something, professor, the lineage of birds and those of mammals separated 350 million years ago.

Is it truth, or - unlike love - a liar,
that old wrinkles tend to come with mirth and laughter -
Unsex me now, relight my fire,
Banquo, thou shalt be queen hereafter.

Knock knock knock! Who's there?

Amen.