Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The empty GOP midterm victory of 2014
The empty GOP midterm victory of 2014
http://goplifer.com/2014/11/06/a-reality...4-results/

This article is most surprising because it's very easy to forget that sane, moderate Republicans still exist. It's like finding out that dodos still live. In any case, there's some honest self-assessing going on here.

To put it blunt, the GOP can win the White House in 2016, and the foreseeable future beyond, if Democrats don't bother fielding a candidate. The big midterm blowout was 17% of the electorate.

2016 is going to be a great year.
RE: The empty GOP midterm victory of 2014
I hear this claim every election and it never turns out to be true.
Last I checked, the GOP presidential candidate got more votes than the Democrat in a whopping 1 out of the last 6 presidential elections.

It's already happening.
(November 22, 2014 at 12:02 am)Heywood Wrote: I hear this claim every election and it never turns out to be true.

Uh-huh...that's why President Blackenstein beat the shit out of your two old white fuckups.
(November 22, 2014 at 12:16 am)Ryantology (╯°◊°)╯︵ ══╬ Wrote: Last I checked, the GOP presidential candidate got more votes than the Democrat in a whopping 1 out of the last 6 presidential elections.

It's already happening.

I can cherry pick some data too. 1968-1992 the democrats got more votes than the republicans in a whopping 1 out of 7 presidential elections.

I've seen these streaks before and I've seen them end. I have no reason to believe this time around is any different.
(November 22, 2014 at 12:46 am)Heywood Wrote: I can cherry pick some data too. 1968-1992 the democrats got more votes than the republicans in a whopping 1 out of 7 presidential elections.

I've seen these streaks before and I've seen them end. I have no reason to believe this time around is any different.

If that makes you sleep better at night, I guess.

I have no reason to assume that a party which is hell-bent on alienating everybody outside of an ever-narrowing demographic range is going to pull another Southern Strategy out of its collective ass.
(November 22, 2014 at 1:12 am)Ryantology (╯°◊°)╯︵ ══╬ Wrote:
(November 22, 2014 at 12:46 am)Heywood Wrote: I can cherry pick some data too. 1968-1992 the democrats got more votes than the republicans in a whopping 1 out of 7 presidential elections.

If that makes you sleep better at night, I guess.

I have no reason to assume that a party which is hell-bent on alienating everybody outside of an ever-narrowing demographic range is going to pull another Southern Strategy out of its collective ass.

I don't get upset at election results. I will sleep just fine even in the off chance you happen to be right.

I'm just telling you, don't be surprised if you wake up one morning with a republican in the Whitehouse.
We just had the lowest turnout since 1942, which btw was when millions of of our citizens were overseas during world war 2 and the president had undying support ( talk about our vote not mattering now, what about then). I do thinks its important however too point out the right wing extremely and actively tries too prevent as many people from voting as phyaically possible. And this anti voter campaign launched by republinazis is showing signs they're starting too win. While Democrats do nothing but get musicians too hold "get out the vote"events

I would not be surprised if republinazis try this year to bring back the law that says only 35 year old white land owning males can vote.
(November 22, 2014 at 1:51 am)simplemoss Wrote: We just had the lowest turnout since 1942, which btw was when millions of of our citizens were overseas during world war 2 and the president had undying support ( talk about our vote not mattering now, what about then). I do thinks its important however too point out the right wing extremely and actively tries too prevent as many people from voting as phyaically possible. And this anti voter campaign launched by republinazis is showing signs they're starting too win. While Democrats do nothing but get musicians too hold "get out the vote"events

Well I wouldn't hang my hat on voter turnout. Over the last 40 years, voter turnout during a midterm has averaged about 40%. If 2014 had been average instead of below average.....do you really think it would have made a difference?

Also 1942 we hadn't even ramped our war effort. We surrendered the Philippians and the Axis was in control of Western Europe. Where overseas were these millions of citizens?
(November 21, 2014 at 11:09 pm)Ryantology (╯°◊°)╯︵ ══╬ Wrote: http://goplifer.com/2014/11/06/a-reality...4-results/

This article is most surprising because it's very easy to forget that sane, moderate Republicans still exist. It's like finding out that dildos still live.

Fix'd.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Absurd GOP Foxaèr 2098 129631 April 21, 2024 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1020 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  It's the 2022 Midterm predictions! Jehanne 167 13680 December 25, 2022 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Yet Another GOP Dumpster Fire Of A Human Being BrianSoddingBoru4 139 10023 July 23, 2022 at 4:20 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  So what is GOP's plan for the new wave of newborns? Fake Messiah 43 2849 June 30, 2022 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1469 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Eastern Europe is richer than Russia. Victory Interaktive 4 360 January 14, 2021 at 11:35 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1629 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  The GOP, wtf happened? A Godzilla fan 6 1125 July 21, 2019 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  [Serious] What's the point? Trump and the GOP are clearly above the law no matter what you say GODZILLA 21 2519 May 21, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Brian37