Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The O'Crappy Factor.
The O'Crappy Factor.
Science Wiz Kid Bill O Crappy who doesn't know how the tides work, said about Ferguson that he understands protesting because that is how you make change. Sound nice right? Yea this coming from a guy who works for the "Fuck the poor" network. Idiots like him do not seem to understand that it takes investment and inclusion in the political process. White and black GOP voters still dont understand, it boils down to economics. If everyone wants it not to be about race, then stop thinking that liberals value poverty as a loyalty oath. Liberals merely say for anyone, there should be a livable wage no matter where someone ends up on the chain. Poverty wages hurt everyone. They hurt rural whites, middle class and the rich because the demand is not there to get people in the door. But you cannot fix these things by ignoring that one segment of society is hurt more by the economy than others. IT SHOULD NOT be a race issue. It should be a recognition of human behavior, that when one part of an ecosystem is hurt that hurts everyone long term.

Now please skip the excuses for your greed when you respond.

"You don't understand".
"It is robbery when I don't get what I want"
"You are a communist"
"You want everyone to be poor"

I am so sick of people treating economies as if they are a script and can be applied like a cookie cutter and baked for everyone.

Everything is done by humans, and just like an ecosystem in all other aspects of other species and the planet itself, you create too much of an imbalance you are going to create conflict. There is room for everyone, but there is no room for justifying a gap that hurts the entire economy.

So this Thanksgiving my douchebag "Turkey Of Day" award goes to the idiot who doesn't even know how the tides work.
RE: The O'Crappy Factor.
I'm pretty sure minorities are allowed to vote.

(November 27, 2014 at 8:32 am)Parkers Tan Wrote: I'm pretty sure minorities are allowed to vote.

HOLY CRAP, show me anywhere in the OP I said they didn't?

Just because a system is set up does not mean that system cannot be abused. If you think the way or system is being used by wealth is fine you are sniffing glue or something.

If you cannot see the problem, then you are on the side of those who run the 3 card Monty table. It isn't the tool I object to, nor wealth itself. It is what wealth does with the table turning it into a rigged bet, instead of a neutral table.
(November 27, 2014 at 9:06 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(November 27, 2014 at 8:32 am)Parkers Tan Wrote: I'm pretty sure minorities are allowed to vote.

HOLY CRAP, show me anywhere in the OP I said they didn't?

Asserting that it requires "inclusion in the political process" certainly implies that, in a thread about race relations.

(November 27, 2014 at 9:06 am)Brian37 Wrote: Just because a system is set up does not mean that system cannot be abused. If you think the way or system is being used by wealth is fine you are sniffing glue or something.

When did I say I thought it was fine? Matter of fact, you've read posts from me in other threads where I lay out my problems with it, so you know that I don't think it's fine.

(November 27, 2014 at 9:06 am)Brian37 Wrote: If you cannot see the problem, then you are on the side of those who run the 3 card Monty table. It isn't the tool I object to, nor wealth itself. It is what wealth does with the table turning it into a rigged bet, instead of a neutral table.

Again, you've read posts from me in other discussions laying out what I think is flawed with our system, so you know that your hypothetical here is false.

You need to learn how to have a discussion without flinging insults or erecting strawmen. You weaken your own points with your inability to discuss matters rationally.

(November 27, 2014 at 9:44 am)Parkers Tan Wrote:
(November 27, 2014 at 9:06 am)Brian37 Wrote: HOLY CRAP, show me anywhere in the OP I said they didn't?

Asserting that it requires "inclusion in the political process" certainly implies that, in a thread about race relations.

(November 27, 2014 at 9:06 am)Brian37 Wrote: Just because a system is set up does not mean that system cannot be abused. If you think the way or system is being used by wealth is fine you are sniffing glue or something.

When did I say I thought it was fine? Matter of fact, you've read posts from me in other threads where I lay out my problems with it, so you know that I don't think it's fine.

(November 27, 2014 at 9:06 am)Brian37 Wrote: If you cannot see the problem, then you are on the side of those who run the 3 card Monty table. It isn't the tool I object to, nor wealth itself. It is what wealth does with the table turning it into a rigged bet, instead of a neutral table.

Again, you've read posts from me in other discussions laying out what I think is flawed with our system, so you know that your hypothetical here is false.

You need to learn how to have a discussion without flinging insults or erecting strawmen. You weaken your own points with your inability to discuss matters rationally.

Nope, you need to learn that you do not get to dictate the narrative just because something ugly about reality exists that you do not want to face.

Now, you want to talk about logic.

You see the same pattern over and over, you don't have to wade through apologetics on any issue to know what is going on.

EVOLUTION. All human group thought is humans creating excuses to create a power structure to get at resources.

Now again, if if if if if if if if if , everything the rich or the right claimed worked, no one would be bitching. You do not have to build a car factory and all the parts yourself, assemble it, to know, when it does not start, that it is not a lack of gas pixies causing it not to run.

Just like I do not have to read every verse of the bible or koran to know those are merely comic books written by ignorant humans.

Economics is not complicated. The same lopsided nature that caused the Russian revolution is the same lopsided nature that caused it to fall. The same lopsided nature that cause the Libyan revolution in a country run by a billionaire.

We have a plutocracy, we have wealth controlling everything and the money is being sucked up. It will always happen that way no matter if you set up an open market or closed market. There is not one country friend or foe that does not invest in the global private sector.

No one is demanding blacks or poor people in general "fight the power" just to set up a nanny state. No one is suggesting, or should suggest you can get rid of the private sector to solve problems.

YOU are stupidly ignoring this moment in time, and how the tool of government is being used by wealth that hurts one segment of the population more than others. What would be better for all of us, is if wealth pulled its head out of its ass and stop blaming everybody and use that wealth in a constructive manor.

"You don't understand the math" is garbage. It is a dodge because what the morons who argue this is that YES the math works, the part they always ignore is WHO?

No different than when a theist argues freedom of religion. They are fine with others as long as those others know their place. Class division, political division, and even economic views are all ways of making excuses to live in a bubble.

I don't want to hear you argue about math. I am sure the same math worked for Marx that lead to Stalin. I am sure the same "math" works for Saudis and their oil wealth.

It is how we interact and how our government is used. And you cannot call it equal AT THIS POINT in history without accepting that the way the tool is being used hurts one segment of the population more than others.

Otherwise, find a holy book, stick your head in the sand, and buy into an invisible being, because that is what you are acting like.
(November 27, 2014 at 8:21 am)Brian37 Wrote: Blah...blah....blah

So this Thanksgiving my douchebag "Turkey Of Day" award goes to the idiot who doesn't even know how the tides work.

Is there a particular O Reilly Factor segment you want us to discuss? If so can you post it?
(November 27, 2014 at 10:37 am)Heywood Wrote:
(November 27, 2014 at 8:21 am)Brian37 Wrote: Blah...blah....blah

Is there a particular O Reilly Factor segment you want us to discuss? If so can you post it?

Not with you bubble boy. You're simply going to regurgitate your math like a theist does bible verses.

Fed up with your crap just like the circular reasoning of "My holy book is true because my holy book says it is true" same stupid logic.

Why don't you get your head out of your ass and instead of arguing "it works for me" and "you don't understand" and "it's your fault", try the one thing you have not done. OPEN YOUR EARS AND LISTEN, and learn.

Not with me, because I don't care. I will challenge you on economics the same way I do with Jews Muslims and Christians. PROVE it, but that will not be done through your goggles. Anymore than pointing to O Crappy proves anything to me. I've pointed out the the same class you point to who hold different views than you do. So prove it to the rich who agree with me since you wont listen to me.

I am done with you. You are an echo chamber on par with religion.
(November 27, 2014 at 10:56 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(November 27, 2014 at 10:37 am)Heywood Wrote: Is there a particular O Reilly Factor segment you want us to discuss? If so can you post it?

Not with you bubble boy.

Blah...blah...blah

So this Thanksgiving my douchebag "Turkey Of Day" award goes to the idiot Brian37 who doesn't even know how honest discourse works.

Here is pro-tip: Post a video of the alleged douchebaggery so people can examine it, talk about it, and make their own decision.....otherwise all you are doing is saying you don't like O'Reilly and to be honest.....nobody really cares what you like and don't like.
(November 27, 2014 at 8:21 am)Brian37 Wrote: Science Wiz Kid Bill O Crappy who doesn't know how the tides work, said about Ferguson that he understands protesting because that is how you make change.

That voting, running candidates, and showing up at city and county meetings yes, that's how you make change. The civil rights movement, women's suffrage, the labor movement, and heaven help us prohibition were all accomplished that way.

Quote:Sound nice right? Yea this coming from a guy who works for the "Fuck the poor" network. Idiots like him do not seem to understand that it takes investment and inclusion in the political process.

Other than voting, running for office, and protesting, what would inclusion in the political process be? Enlighten this upper middle class old lady.

Quote:White and black GOP voters still dont understand, it boils down to economics. If everyone wants it not to be about race, then stop thinking that liberals value poverty as a loyalty oath.

Can't remember thinking anything like that actually.

Quote: Liberals merely say for anyone, there should be a livable wage no matter where someone ends up on the chain. Poverty wages hurt everyone. They hurt rural whites, middle class and the rich because the demand is not there to get people in the door.

Actually, I'm all for a livable wage. I suspect strongly though, that we differ significantly in what we think is livable. We also differ on the best way to accomplish a living wage for all. Raising minimum wage too high reduces the number of jobs. It's simple supply and demand. Higher prices reduce demand.

Quote: But you cannot fix these things by ignoring that one segment of society is hurt more by the economy than others. IT SHOULD NOT be a race issue. It should be a recognition of human behavior, that when one part of an ecosystem is hurt that hurts everyone long term.

Actually, I agree with you that extreme income and wealth differences are not a good sign for any country. However, welfare tends to make those differences endemic; minimum wage tends to lead to unemployment; and rent control leads to housing shortages. Improving education and supporting small business development are better options. (HINT: education is expensive).

Quote:Now please skip the excuses for your greed when you respond.

"You don't understand".
"It is robbery when I don't get what I want"
"You are a communist"
"You want everyone to be poor"

I'll just stick with "you don't understand" and let it go at that.

Quote:I am so sick of people treating economies as if they are a script and can be applied like a cookie cutter and baked for everyone.

And I'm so tired of people who don't see the unintended consequences of nice sounding changes.

(November 27, 2014 at 10:56 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(November 27, 2014 at 10:37 am)Heywood Wrote: Is there a particular O Reilly Factor segment you want us to discuss? If so can you post it?

Not with you bubble boy. You're simply going to regurgitate your math like a theist does bible verses.

Oh goodie. You don't like math. That makes it rather difficult to discuss anything rationally with you. If anyone appears to have made a religion out of politics it's someone who can say with a straight face, I don't what to talk with you because you'll bring math into it.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Jenny A Wrote:Actually, I'm all for a livable wage. I suspect strongly though, that we differ significantly in what we think is livable. We also differ on the best way to accomplish a living wage for all. Raising minimum wage too high reduces the number of jobs. It's simple supply and demand. Higher prices reduce demand.

Any business that reports a profit, yet has employees on the public dole, is a business stealing from its workers, as well as the taxpaying public.

A living wage gives more people more disposable income. They don't have to spend every penny on necessities, so you have a lot more people spending a lot more money on stuff that stimulates the economy. Demand naturally rises when you have more people with more money. Competition increases as businesses strive to meet greater demand. Prices fall and employment increases. Oh yeah, and we spend less on hated entitlements.

The idea that the health of our economy relies on employers keeping the majority of what workers produce is bunk, and our insistence upon preserving this system is only making things worse for everybody.