Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is Atheism to me
What is Atheism to me
I am a Satanist, and as such I live as my own god. I live independently from a higher power because I don't feel the need for one. Atheism to me is about being your own savior, taking control of your live without such ideas as prayer or faith, and thanking the people you love for everything you have in your life, rather than thanking a being who may not exist.

There's probably no god, so you might as well not concern yourself with him. Even if there is, after I die, I'll be glad that I was able to be my own god for a while.
All hail the Notorious Bagel Queen/King of the Underworld

That is all for now.

Sincerely, Mx. Zero Llamabagel

Tiger
RE: What is Atheism to me
As an atheist I refuse to accept that you exist. Wink
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
I'm an Atheist, but If I believed a God existed, I'd definitely be a Satanist.
[Image: QH0tZwC.png]
(December 3, 2014 at 7:36 pm)Exian Wrote: As an atheist I refuse to accept that you exist. Wink

You clever bastard.
May our paths cross again.

(December 3, 2014 at 8:06 pm)Kloud Wrote: I'm an Atheist, but If I believed a God existed, I'd definitely be a Satanist.

Well satanism is an atheistic ideology.

Satan is merely a symbolism for man's carnal desires; so satanists don't actually believe that he or God exists. Each satanist is his own god. I myself am agnostic so I go by the idea of "maybe there's a god, maybe there isn't, so why worry about him?"

Heres some articles about Satanism for ya:

http://altreligion.about.com/od/satanismlaveyan/

That is all for now.

Tiger
Re: RE: What is Atheism to me
(December 3, 2014 at 8:08 pm)Llamabagel Wrote: Satan is merely a symbolism for man's carnal desires; so satanists don't actually believe that he or God exists.

I would be more inclined to call myself a hedonist than a satanist. It seems to be a childish desire to want attention by calling oneself a satanist.
(December 3, 2014 at 7:32 pm)Llamabagel Wrote: I am a Satanist, and as such I live as my own god.

I don't know what that means. Thinking...

What exactly is a satanist btw? Or rather what is satanism to you? I know there are articles and what not but I'd like to hear your side of it. One can only assume that there are different sects/denominations of satanism just like any other religion. Is it the satan of the bible or some other evil fella? If so, why?
"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will provide plenty of time for silence." -Christopher Hitchens
(December 3, 2014 at 8:45 pm)KUSA Wrote: I would be more inclined to call myself a hedonist than a satanist. It seems to be a childish desire to want attention by calling oneself a satanist.

Satanism represents more then what you can put into one sentence, so it makes sense to just call it by what it has been named. Whether or not you disagree with the name of the religion it is still the most accurate name for all of the things that makes it. Also which is more childish, people being upset that someone wants to call themself, or use the word Satanist, or someone that actually identifies with the word because of what it actually is?
Quote:Atheism to me is about being your own savior

To me atheism is about sleeping late on Sunday and not wasting money supporting a gang of criminal preachers who don't know shit from shinola.

But to each his own.
ITT: Bad definitions.
(December 3, 2014 at 9:01 pm)Bboppinb Wrote:
(December 3, 2014 at 7:32 pm)Llamabagel Wrote: I am a Satanist, and as such I live as my own god.

I don't know what that means. Thinking...

What exactly is a satanist btw? Or rather what is satanism to you? I know there are articles and what not but I'd like to hear your side of it. One can only assume that there are different sects/denominations of satanism just like any other religion. Is it the satan of the bible or some other evil fella? If so, why?

It means that you don't rely on a god to solve your problems, or spend precious time praying and having "faith" that god exists and that everything will be okay. It means you work hard to create what you want in your life and destroy (if only symbolically) the negative situations around you. It means that you belong to yourself rather than to a higher being.

Satanism to me means that we should embrace the earth and all it has to offer, rather than hoping that a heaven exists and that everything will be solved after death. Death rarely solves anything, which is why suicide is frowned upon in Satanism. Satanism also accepts that the seven deadly sins are all natural behaviors of humans, and so we commit them freely. We adore the "worldly possessions" which Xianity instructs people not to have. When we make a mistake, we forgive ourselves and fix the problem rather than beg a god for forgiveness.

We don't believe in a God or a Satan. We merely use Satan is a symbolism for the carnal desires of man which xianity frowns upon, and how the Satan of the Xian bible thought of himself as better and higher than God. Satanism is an atheistic ideology.

There is only one sect of Satanism, which was founded in 1966 by Anton LeVay. The beliefs are all detailed in his book The Satanic Bible. Anyone who actually praises "Satan" himself, and goes by the title of "Theistic Satanist" is not a true Satanist and is stealing the name. Likewise, anyone who commits a crime in the name of Satan is not a true Satanist, since we do not condone illegal activites.

I certainly hope this helps Smile

That is all for now.

Tiger

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27156 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12493 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12160 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10504 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  A different definition of atheism. Atheism isn't simply lack of belief in god/s fr0d0 14 12019 August 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  "Old" atheism, "New"atheism, atheism 3.0, WTF? leo-rcc 69 38103 February 2, 2010 at 3:29 am
Last Post: tackattack