Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Science Keeps Working
Science Keeps Working
http://apnews.excite.com/article/2014120...c0ca0.html

Quote: WASHINGTON (AP) — Scientists in a lab used a powerful laser to re-create what might have been the original spark of life on Earth.

The researchers zapped clay and a chemical soup with the laser to simulate the energy of a speeding asteroid smashing into the planet. They ended up creating what can be considered crucial pieces of the building blocks of life.

I wonder when was the last time that anything useful came out of the fucking bible? Or if it ever happened at all.
RE: Science Keeps Working
(December 9, 2014 at 4:54 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I wonder when was the last time that anything useful came out of the fucking bible?

Don't mix wool and linen?
Stop it man, you are going to scare away the fundies.
[Image: guilmon_evolution_by_davidgtm3-d4gb5rp.gif]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
(December 9, 2014 at 4:54 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://apnews.excite.com/article/2014120...c0ca0.html

Quote: WASHINGTON (AP) — Scientists in a lab used a powerful laser to re-create what might have been the original spark of life on Earth.

The researchers zapped clay and a chemical soup with the laser to simulate the energy of a speeding asteroid smashing into the planet. They ended up creating what can be considered crucial pieces of the building blocks of life.

I wonder when was the last time that anything useful came out of the fucking bible? Or if it ever happened at all.

if we soak a bible in chemical soup and zap it with a laser then something useful might come out of a bible?

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)
I really hope they turn that laser on a jar of peanut butter. That'll really prove it to the fundies.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(December 9, 2014 at 4:54 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I wonder when was the last time that anything useful came out of the fucking bible?

Don't you know it! I've been trying to kill the mold that's growing on the walls in my house's crawl space and no matter how many pigeons I kill and splatter their blood on it, I can't get the mold to disappear. I guess I can't get the chant right, and none of these apologists are any help. I've checked the basics:
1. Tip of penis has been neatly trimmed of excess skin - Check
2. Nose is straight and balls intact - check
3. Full underwater baptism - check
4. Drank a middle eastern man's blood and ate a bit of his body - check

Do you guys think my little habit of blasphemy is hindering my basement clean-up?
Find the cure for Fundementia!
"Might" and "Can be considered" are the building blocks of deception.
You have been had.

As long as the word "Scientist" or "Science" or "Scientists" are in the article somewhere, the Nuevo priests have waved their magic dust on the information and we are good to go. Right?
If only you could use that skepticism in all facets of your readings. It's a good start though.

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
My skepticism is at max level when the topic is anything having to do with either government or government subsidized research.
As long as scientists are tied to the grant strings of the (publicly financed) feeding trough of govt. my skepticism is unbounded. Yours ought to be also.
Sure, why not? But being skeptical doesn't mean throwing out the case entirely and immediately because you see a word you don't like. It means giving it a fair chance at success or failure by doing a bit more digging and thinking critically.

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The science behind why people reject science Kaptinjoo 6 2748 April 27, 2011 at 2:49 am
Last Post: Minimalist