Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think it might be nice if I'm writing a long response to someone to see (when I click post that another person has responded ahead of me) their response, and the chance to revise my post before I post it.

Not sure how easy/hard that would be to implement... but it's a suggestion/feedback.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
RE: New posts, you may want to review?
Yeah I love that feature - someone just implemented it on another forum I frequent... it uses javascript to alert you as you type. On RDF if you 'submit' and there have been subsequent posts, it lists those posts and asks you if you really want to post or edit again.
awesome suggestion!
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Good idea but... Why don't you just check the original thread in a new tab/window before you post? Or, if you're using the quick reply you could copy your post, refresh the window and then past it back and post.

But, a preview of any new posts would be a good idea as well and pretty easy to write.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Even a message similar to the PM notification scheme, such as "there have been x new posts since (time reply started)"
(February 22, 2010 at 9:24 am)Darwinian Wrote: Good idea but... Why don't you just check the original thread in a new tab/window before you post? Or, if you're using the quick reply you could copy your post, refresh the window and then past it back and post.

But, a preview of any new posts would be a good idea as well and pretty easy to write.

Ummm... because I'm impatient? Smile

<insert witty comment here?>
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I think it is a great idea. I don't know if it could be implemented but the idea is good.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
All you'd have to do is check if there are any posts higher than the info given in the address bar for this thread and then show them. Simples Wink
(February 22, 2010 at 2:36 pm)Darwinian Wrote: All you'd have to do is check if there are any posts higher than the info given in the address bar for this thread and then show them. Simples Wink
Is that an offer to do some coding? Tongue

I can't find a plugin that does this, and I'm swamped under dissertation writing at the moment. I'll have some free time in...June Wink
You'd need the PHP and Template Conditionals plugin installed as I'm much better with php than javascript.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Found another thing I want changed on the forum Foxaèr 27 2804 April 22, 2022 at 7:30 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  A request to delete my posts in the members photo thread WinterHold 30 4800 July 1, 2020 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Today's Posts? Yonadav 9 1681 March 23, 2019 at 1:00 am
Last Post: Sal
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Is there a quick way to view new posts in an existing thread? fromdownunder 6 1394 September 18, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  May I ask? Foxaèr 4 789 June 2, 2018 at 11:41 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  List Posts BrianSoddingBoru4 15 3107 April 7, 2018 at 8:02 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Issue with clicking "View New Posts" Foxaèr 5 1409 July 23, 2017 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  OMG, I want to change my username again! Foxaèr 52 11250 July 10, 2017 at 6:31 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Spam Detection (READ THIS IF YOUR POSTS KEEP DISAPPEARING) Tiberius 30 16117 July 4, 2017 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus