Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 12:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I collect knives
I collect knives
Mostly Buck brand. Some others under certain conditions, but that's not what I'm wanting to talk about. Here is the Buck warranty card:
Front-
[Image: 20141217_192003_zpsc0606176.jpg~320x480]

And Back-
[Image: 20141217_192118_zps095bd617.jpg~320x480]

As far as I'm aware, every Buck knife sold comes with this warranty card and religious message. I've always found it a little odd. What do you think?
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
RE: I collect knives
(December 17, 2014 at 9:30 pm)Spooky Wrote: Mostly Buck brand. Some others under certain conditions, but that's not what I'm wanting to talk about. Here is the Buck warranty card:
Front-
[Image: 20141217_192003_zpsc0606176.jpg~320x480]

And Back-
[Image: 20141217_192118_zps095bd617.jpg~320x480]

As far as I'm aware, every Buck knife sold comes with this warranty card and religious message. I've always found it a little odd. What do you think?

Many businesses do the same, they are dedicated to their faith.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Many, may be an exaggeration. But Buck isn't the only one by a long stretch. And then there are the companies that advertise their faith, whether because you would only want to trade with fellow Christians or because Christians are supposedly more honest I don't know. I operate on the theory that a company that tells you it's Christian has little else to recommend it and move on down through the yellow pages (metaphorical as it's usually Angie's List these days).
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(December 17, 2014 at 9:57 pm)Jenny A Wrote: Many, may be an exaggeration. But Buck isn't the only one by a long stretch. And then there are the companies that advertise their faith, whether because you would only want to trade with fellow Christians or because Christians are supposedly more honest I don't know. I operate on the theory that a company that tells you it's Christian has little else to recommend it and move on down through the yellow pages (metaphorical as it's usually Angie's List these days).

Here in the south a Christian is more likely to rip you off than a atheist.
Most people down here want something from nothing even the church goers do that mess a lot.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(December 17, 2014 at 9:37 pm)Godschild Wrote: Many businesses do the same, they are dedicated to their faith.
GC

Cuz if there was one thing fucking jesus was famous for it was his knife-play.
(December 17, 2014 at 10:01 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(December 17, 2014 at 9:37 pm)Godschild Wrote: Many businesses do the same, they are dedicated to their faith.
GC

Cuz if there was one thing fucking jesus was famous for it was his knife-play.

Also killing kids he loved killing kids who bumped into him.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
My favorite is Dr. Bronner's Soap

I know, I know, too easy a target. Still...
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(December 17, 2014 at 9:37 pm)Godschild Wrote:
(December 17, 2014 at 9:30 pm)Spooky Wrote: Mostly Buck brand. Some others under certain conditions, but that's not what I'm wanting to talk about. Here is the Buck warranty card:
Front-

And Back-

Many businesses do the same, they are dedicated to their faith.

GC

This is one time I'm going to agree with GC. They're serious about their faith.

I for one have no problem with this as I'm more a fan of Kershaw knives anyway. Big Grin (and in the even that they're prone to Jesus freakery, I really don't care, they make bomb knives)
That's odd. I have had several Buck knives and don't recall ever seeing that.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
I wasn't aware that the knives I collected had names...

Now I feel kind of bad for using them so callously. Hell... cleaning them feels... wrong, now... Undecided
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day