Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bush III?
Bush III?
In the last month, I've heard a lot about the possibility of a Jeb Bush run for president and whether or not he could win either the nomination or the general election.

I just don't know what to write.

I know many are saying he's got a lot to overcome to gain the GOP's nomination but that we are even seriously debating or considering the prospect of a Bush III presidency after the unmitigated disaster that this nation suffered under Bush II, that the "Bush" name isn't completely toxic now, that the prospect of "Jeb Bush for president" isn't the punchline to some joke...

...well, I'm just speechless. I'm totally at a loss for what to write about what it says about my country that the prospect is even considered.

Gah!
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
RE: Bush III?
The Bush name is hardly a mark of quality is it.
The Kennedys I get the Clintons I get but Bush the turd, I mean third.
On the other hand is there a republican candidate that isn't a joke?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Bush the Turd...I like it. If it wasn't for the fact that he (again like his bro and dad) would destroy our economy and try to blow the shit out of the rest of the non christian world, I would vote for him just so John Stewart would have an easy 4 years ahead of him. I can't imagine the Turd would fall far from the Ass....hahahaha
[Image: palin.jpg]
(December 18, 2014 at 5:20 pm)Minimalist Wrote: [Image: palin.jpg]

I am not sure this is appropriate...even for A69Big Grin
(December 18, 2014 at 5:07 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: In the last month, I've heard a lot about the possibility of a Jeb Bush run for president and whether or not he could win either the nomination or the general election.

I just don't know what to write.

I know many are saying he's got a lot to overcome to gain the GOP's nomination but that we are even seriously debating or considering the prospect of a Bush III presidency after the unmitigated disaster that this nation suffered under Bush II, that the "Bush" name isn't completely toxic now, that the prospect of "Jeb Bush for president" isn't the punchline to some joke...

...well, I'm just speechless. I'm totally at a loss for what to write about what it says about my country that the prospect is even considered.

Gah!

From what little I've paid attention to, any Repub presidential candidate would be disastrous, whether it be Bush, Cruz, Perry or whoever.
Dying to live, living to die.
They've got near-historical majorities in the house and senate, as well as a slew of governorships. On the other hand, anytime a president is elected and has what seems to be a very favorable congress, they don't seem to get much done. But the GOP nominee could enter 2017 (ETA: assuming he won) with a pretty sizable "mandate."
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
The problem is that democrats do vote in the presidential elections. That's where the republicunts go all to shit.
(December 18, 2014 at 5:25 pm)Beccs Wrote: From what little I've paid attention to, any Repub presidential candidate would be disastrous, whether it be Bush, Cruz, Perry or whoever.

You know, that's much of the problem.

We only get two political parties in America, thanks to the way the system is rigged. So if it's not too much trouble, I'd like both parties to contain rational candidates ready to debate the issues intelligently, coming up with practical solutions to the problems of the world.

That one of our political parties has gone completely insane and is only capable of producing a clown car full of either incompetents or wackjobs for what should be the most coveted political job opening in America is truly a sign of how far away from rationality much of my country has drifted.

Whichever wackjob the Republicans pick, the alternative will, I'm utterly depressed to say, likely be Hillary Clinton, a corporate-friendly Conserva-Dem.

And people wonder why so few Americans vote.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
We need to get Elizabeth Warren to run against Hilary

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bush V Gore and Florida and Trumpism. Brian37 30 2365 August 1, 2021 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Hillary's forces target Bush donors ReptilianPeon 40 6292 May 10, 2016 at 7:46 am
Last Post: GUBU
  George Bush and Ronald Regan debate immigration 1980 CapnAwesome 0 732 January 7, 2016 at 1:44 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Bernie Sanders Invite Bush To Go Fuck Himself Minimalist 38 8314 July 9, 2015 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Jon Stewart Gets on Jeb - Multiple Answers - Bush Minimalist 1 771 May 17, 2015 at 9:33 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Jeb Bush: When in Doubt, Flip Flop. Iraq Invasion. Salacious B. Crumb 4 1402 May 11, 2015 at 6:54 pm
  Bush the Turd polar bear 51 7687 February 24, 2015 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Jeb Bush can kiss a nomination goodbye Faith No More 11 2389 April 8, 2014 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Justtristo
  Trust in the US lowest since the Bush era. Something completely different 2 1238 July 6, 2013 at 5:10 pm
  Bush's War 5thHorseman 0 1031 October 7, 2011 at 8:55 am
Last Post: 5thHorseman