Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeb Bush can kiss a nomination goodbye
Jeb Bush can kiss a nomination goodbye
This is good news, but not because I necessarily have anything against Jeb Bush personally. I don't even really know that much about him. It's just that even the thought of someone occupying the white house with the same last name as Dubya makes my stomach queezy, however, Jesus has a better chance of coming back from the grave than this guy getting the Republican nomination.

Quote:"I'm going to say this and it will be on tape and so be it," Bush said in an interview with Fox News host Shannon Bream in an event at the Texas presidential library of his father, George H.W. Bush.

"The way I look at this is someone who comes to our country because they couldn't come legally ... and they crossed the border because they had no other means to work, to be able to provide for their family, yes, they broke the law, but it's not a felony.

"It's an act of love, it's an act of commitment to your family.

Bush, 61, added: "I honestly think that that is a different kind of crime. There should be a price paid, but it shouldn't rile people up that people are actually coming to this country to provide for their families."

http://news.yahoo.com/jeb-bush-says-ille...50855.html

I would love the see the look on the interviewer's face.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
RE: Jeb Bush can kiss a nomination goodbye
(April 7, 2014 at 9:39 am)Faith No More Wrote: This is good news, but not because I necessarily have anything against Jeb Bush personally. I don't even really know that much about him. It's just that even the thought of someone occupying the white house with the same last name as Dubya makes my stomach queezy, however, Jesus has a better chance of coming back from the grave than this guy getting the Republican nomination.

Quote:"I'm going to say this and it will be on tape and so be it," Bush said in an interview with Fox News host Shannon Bream in an event at the Texas presidential library of his father, George H.W. Bush.

"The way I look at this is someone who comes to our country because they couldn't come legally ... and they crossed the border because they had no other means to work, to be able to provide for their family, yes, they broke the law, but it's not a felony.

"It's an act of love, it's an act of commitment to your family.

Bush, 61, added: "I honestly think that that is a different kind of crime. There should be a price paid, but it shouldn't rile people up that people are actually coming to this country to provide for their families."

http://news.yahoo.com/jeb-bush-says-ille...50855.html

I would love the see the look on the interviewer's face.

What good does it do to get nominated if you don't win the general? I think this is a smart move on his part.
(April 7, 2014 at 10:28 am)Heywood Wrote: What good does it do to get nominated if you don't win the general? I think this is a smart move on his part.

I don't see your point. A moderate that makes statements such as this would have a much better chance in the general election than the batshit, hardcore conservative they will nominate, but there's no use in being a moderate if you want to seek the Republican nomination. Even thinking about the general election is pointless.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(April 7, 2014 at 11:08 am)Faith No More Wrote:
(April 7, 2014 at 10:28 am)Heywood Wrote: What good does it do to get nominated if you don't win the general? I think this is a smart move on his part.

I don't see your point. A moderate that makes statements such as this would have a much better chance in the general election than the batshit, hardcore conservative they will nominate, but there's no use in being a moderate if you want to seek the Republican nomination. Even thinking about the general election is pointless.

Jeb is thinking "Romney was a moderate and he got nominated."

Ultimately if you're not going to win, its better to lose in the primary.
Past two elections they've nominated moderate Republicans. Romney and McCain were incredibly moderate when you put them up against the true hardcore conservatives like Bachmann, Perry, and Santorum. It was a real smart move for Jeb.
(April 7, 2014 at 11:14 am)Heywood Wrote: Jeb is thinking "Romney was a moderate and he got nominated."

Ultimately if you're not going to win, its better to lose in the primary.

Did you not watch the primaries? Romney totally went all batshit conservative to court the batshit vote, a.k.a. the Republican base. He flip-flopped on many positions he had held previously in order to appear to play the part of the raving-mad conservative that hates immigrants and is sick of people getting free shit. And the fact that someone whose own program was the very model for affordable health care act and the won the nomination on a platform of repealing that act just shows how dumb Republicans can be.

But I digress. Romney ran nowhere near moderation, and that is what lost him the general election. And the fact is, anyone that appears halfway sensible has a snowball's chance in hell of receiving the Republican nomination.
(April 7, 2014 at 11:16 am)FlyingNarwhal Wrote: Past two elections they've nominated moderate Republicans.

They're only moderates when compared to the raving lunatics seeking the nomination. They're nowhere near moderation on the political spectrum.
(April 7, 2014 at 11:32 am)Faith No More Wrote:
(April 7, 2014 at 11:16 am)FlyingNarwhal Wrote: Past two elections they've nominated moderate Republicans.

They're only moderates when compared to the raving lunatics seeking the nomination. They're nowhere near moderation on the political spectrum.

Yes they were still slightly to the right of Atilla the Hun.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

To wit:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/07/gl...mcconnell/

Quote:The Tea Party-backed Matt Bevin was sent by God to unseat Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), claimed talk show host Glenn Beck during a campaign event for the Republican challenger.

Beck told conservative activists Saturday afternoon at FreePAC Kentucky that Bevin was the answer to their prayers.

“I will tell you I met the guys you had speaking. Some of them I’ve met several times,” Beck said. “Matt Bevin, I have not met. I’ve talked to him several times and I had a good feeling. But I am telling you, I believe that man was called of God.”

I can't imagine the cesspool of a mind it takes to call Mitch Fucking McConnell a "progressive."
God, I fucking hate Glenn Beck. There are very few people that if I saw crossing the road, I would hesitate to hit the brakes, and he is one of them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bush V Gore and Florida and Trumpism. Brian37 30 2346 August 1, 2021 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Goodbye Trump Fake Messiah 67 1922 January 22, 2021 at 3:46 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Will Trump be Ambushed for 2020 Nomination? Yonadav 19 2226 January 22, 2019 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Realistically can anything be done regarding Trumps nomination? GODZILLA 22 2336 July 11, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 71882 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why is it Republicans can dish it out, but can't take it when someone throws it back NuclearEnergy 10 4466 April 27, 2017 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: DarkerEnergy
  Rick Perry to Head the Energy Department: Kiss Government Climate Science Goodbye Crossless2.0 31 5511 December 14, 2016 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Trumps formal nomination kicked off with Sikh prayer CapnAwesome 0 495 July 20, 2016 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Hillary's forces target Bush donors ReptilianPeon 40 6149 May 10, 2016 at 7:46 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Romanian hacker Guccifer just handed the nomination to Senator Sanders? ReptilianPeon 9 1167 May 7, 2016 at 4:38 am
Last Post: Mudhammam